Sunday, January 02, 2011

good health and strong support for the new year

from bling bling to colourful pills now.
naah....it is no big deal i think. i am not starting the new year sick.

it's just that i have been feeling numbness in the feet and hands these few weeks and it was more so at night when i sleep. so since aunt wanted to go and ask a traditional chinese medicine practitioner about her dry cough, i took the opportunity to follow lah.

so the sinseh took a reading of my pulse, listened to my symptoms and said that i had wind in my blood hence it is blocking the blood circulation. he said, i can't take cold things as they will produce the wind. and i have to stay away from fruits which have a lot of water content such as orange, watermelon and pears. well, there goes my vitamin c and refreshing cup of orange juice. i can still take banana, apple and grape. so my breakfast is not affected. phew! mineral water is a no-no since it is raw water.

i think i should get myself a bottle of vitamin c and multi-vitamins as prevention and to stay healthy for all the new challenges of the new year. that will be on the shopping list when i go to the pharmacist.

paid rm48 at the end of the visit.
all these will last me one week and urrghhh....the bottle of black liquid is the most bitter medicine i have ever taken in my life. just a smell of it will put you off. now i understand the chinese saying that akins bitter medicine to fast healing.

do you poooh-pooh the chinese sinseh's diagnostic? what will a gp do and what kind of medicine will i get???

talked to a colleague yesterday about my symptoms and she told me she experienced the same thing too. so i guess i am not alone. she also went for chinese medicine to cure her blood circulation problem but hers is worse because she has been experiencing it longer and it affects the regularity of her period too.
prevention is better than cure....now you know what fruits to buy me hahaha.

my uncle got me this original bluetooth headset from sony at rm70. it is a really cool headset but i don't think i need it. they saw me answering the phone while driving and was getting a bit worried about safety in the car so they got me this. hehe.....
actually i have handsfree kit in the car for the phone, i just did not plug it in. usually i seldom get phone calls but these few days, calls just come when i was driving.
so, i am going to return it to the shop and get them their refund and start plugging in my handsfree whenever i am in the car whether i am driving alone or with passengers so others do not feel unsafe or worry about my safety. save rm70.

it is back to work tomorrow and i have told myself to take it one step at a time. calm down. stay cool. be patient. take deep breaths occasionally. analyse the situation first before making a decision. organise time well. and most importantly, message to others- i am no superwoman but your support and encouragement can keep me going and stay strong. thanks in advance.

2 comments:

qahina said...

My dad was in the army for 30 years and up until now he never took iced drinks. It was a lifestyle commitment - iced drinks is believed to reduce stamina and of course makes stomach bloat because of the *wind* factor. Another tip I gained was when I checked with my bidan (post-natal caretaker) after I gave birth, in order to maintain general women-wellbeing, avoid iced drinks and "watery fruits" at all cost because it will affect the ovary. Things like any kuih yang ada pulut also must take very rarely. reckoned lots of prbs with physical discomfort take root from thes *wind* factor. he he...god knows! I've tasted that bitter liquid when I saw a sinseh for my skin probs. You just got to psyche yourself into thinking health health health! :)

escape2 said...

i am not really into cold things too. i usually take them out from the fridge to 'warm' them before taking them. more ppl should be made aware of this kan?