Monday, November 05, 2007

panic attack

Yesterday’s driving back has brought back a fear I had forgotten not long ago.
The panic attack which struck me during one drive home from Malacca in the evening on a very heavy rainy day.
The sky was so dark already by six and there were lots of cars on the road. Rain came in torrents and it was foggy. And to make matter worse, I was all alone. I was entering kl when the panic came. The heart starting beating fast and inside I was shivering. Being in an unfamiliar territory made it worse. I told myself to calm down and concentrate on the road. When I was back on NS highway to tm, it was better. A phone call also came during that time, so it helped me to forget my condition for a while. But it was a hell-long panicked stretch of a journey.
And yesterday, it was the same fear revisiting all over again. The sky was all dark at 6.30p.m. and it was raining. Could see the winds blowing the rains towards the windscreen hence, making the visibility not that good. I could feel the shiver coming from inside but luckily this time, it did not gather to a storm. I knew I was about to reach the tol exit so it sort of calmed me.
All sorts of bad possibilities came to mind…what if my car broke down? What if I met an accident? What if…??? Touch wood yeah but I always envisioned the worst of all situations.
So dun even let me drive alone at night especially when it rains. This is also a reminder to myself.

out of curiousity…anyone has ever experienced this sort of panic attack before??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

be careful, drive slow, or pun the car beside the road wait the rain not heavy then continue drive lo.
so dun panic about that la.

Anonymous said...

hello,

heavy rain along the highway panic attack.....hahahaha

u one comedy la....kekekekeke.....imagine drive through a forest fire in oz....u would have piss all over the car man!!!!....kekekekeke