Saturday, May 31, 2014

away from the office at the beginning of the school break.

the school break has started and i was sent away to ipoh for a 3-day course. yipppeee!!! it was better than spending three days at the office not knowing what to do.

first day in ipoh, was spent loitering around in old town and kinta city. the first session of the course only started at night.

when it is ipoh old town, i am back to my old haunt, there is no other place i would rather be than here.
the original plan was to go to pattiserie boutique again for their cake and latte but it was not open. haiz.....so a reminder- it is not open on wednesday.
i landed myself in buku tiga lima instead. yup, you know the small book with three 555 on the cover? that is buku tiga lima and the name of the shop. if you look carefully at the photo  above, you will see lots of buku tiga lima hanging in the window display.

anyway, this cafe adjoins burps and giggles. my food and latte were from burps while i sat here in buku tiga lima. the menu of buku tiga lima consists of a variety of crepes.

the interior deco of the place again is all about retro and reusing old things. the highlights here are on the different lamp covers.
this one here right above my table was made up of zippers.

see the different chairs and stools they have? they are all refurbished.

another lamp cover made up of yarns.

my latte....not as smooth as the one i had at pattiserie boutique. haiz....that was the not so good thing here.

my beef burger. really good albeit the scary presentation. the burger was brought to the table with the knife stabbed right in the middle.

after the hearty lunch, it was time to burn those calories in kinta city. managed to get another blouse for work. half of my wardrobe is not suitable for work now hence i go blouse hunting whenever i have the opportunity. if i find those blouses which i don't have to iron, that is the best deal.

the three-day course was held at tower regency hotel and apartments. the accomodation here was clean and in tip-top condition. the buffet spread in its kafe on the 6th floor was sumptious and scrumptious. oh gosh, it took a lot of discipline not to go for the third helping. yes, guilty of the second helping here. the pudding and cakes were my favourite.

i was put in an apartment with 3 other persons. those with higher grades got their own single room. gosh, how i envied them.
the living room of the apartment.

the first bedroom.....which was where i slept as well. the airconditioner right on top of the bed gave me a bad cold and i was blowing my nose two days in the conference room. bad. everyone who saw me would ask about my nose.

the second room with adjoining bathroom.

coffee corner and fridge.

i got the room to myself on the last night when my roommate decided to spend hers at home instead. yippee!! she lives in ipoh, so why not go home.  so that night, i switched off the air-conditioner and only turned on the fan. it was still cooling to me and i managed to get my sleep. well, someone also gave me a flu pill that night. hahaa....maybe it was what helped me sleep.

anyway, the course was slightly interrupted with the news of the passing of perak sultan on wednesday. we the perakians were given special permission to skip the second day of the course. i think almost all perakians skipped the day sessions. who wouldn't when special permission was granted?

i skipped it too. hehehehe.....and went out for dim sum in the morning. kekeke. not fohsan. it was at yoke fook moon. not bad not bad.

i managed to replenish all the sleeping hours i missed once i got home. the bed at home is still the best.

i hope my body will get used to all these changes in bed fast. i am going to penang for 2 nights tomorrow and with the amount of money i am going to pay for my suite there, i better make good use of it and get my money worth.
it will be the food that i am looking forward to and the hotel this time around. street murals and stuff, i have done it. let those youngsters go and explore while i have my cake and latte in one of the cafes while waiting for them. hahaha.....

No comments: