Tuesday, December 28, 2010

crying on first day back at office

and so i cried and cried and cried and cried today at the first staff meeting.
yup. but there were not long bawls in front of all colleagues ok. at first it was tears welling in the eyes whenever i talked about 'heavy duties' i got. then they turned into short sobs and it reached the max when i went to the office and into the boss' room.
why was i so emotional??

can't list the posts here yet...some are still under consideration for changes and i don't want to jinx it. i guess everyone just thought i was tough and could just handle all the responsibilities. i ain't no superwoman! no one teased me this morning when they found out about my duties. you know how sometimes we would gibe each other without the intention of causing any harm. well, my facial expression as soon as i walked into the room could have killed someone, so no one said anything.

i thought my duties next year would be lighter or similar to this year's, but the huge boulder given to me just totally crushed me. hence, i lost control of my emotion i guess. breaking under pressure. i really cried. still find it hard to believe myself.

ookk....happier things now.

yesterday, went to klcc, pavilion, fahrenheit 88, lot 10 and 1 utama with uncle, aunt and atticus. ate at hutong lot 10. atticus loved the barbecue pork and roast pork. uncle loved the hokkien noodles. i had bak kut teh but did not like the rice, quite dry that day.
jia en came to join us.
i got a black top from gap. oh-ho...black, not for chinese new year for sure. gap had 30% sale store wide. atticus got a pair of jeans from uniqlo, uncle got a cotton shirt there and aunt got a few stoles (long scarf) at only rm24.90. cheap cheap. all from uniqlo.

a collage of yesterday's photos. on the left- one utama's christmas decorations. bottom middle- my uniqlo stole. on the right- yippee!!! starbucks 2011 planner from jia en. she finished collecting all the stamps. it will be my companion next year. i love all the slots they have on the inside cover.

ok that is all. still have to recover from all my sobs today. better get a good night's sleep because i have to go back tomorrow morning to finalise some of the things. i don't want to cry anymore!

11 comments:

kevtcs182 said...

Poor thing...

quin_quin said...

calm down... anythings else will be fine...dun think to much...

quin_quin said...

calm down... anythings else will be fine...dun think to much...

quin_quin said...

calm down... anythings else will be fine...dun think to much...

Call me Evonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
☠ElaineQueena☠ said...

Awww~ Uniqlo!!!

aniq said...

after 10 years in my school and honestly being bullied around.. I wizened up and did my best in 80% of the tasks they gave me (I think). The other 20% I just buat *hati kering*. They knew I can do my job but of recent years I've reached the stage of burn-out and *who-was-I-trying-to-prove* point. Once I was asked to go to a meeting and drove around lost for 45 mins on the road. When my PK1 called and asked me where I was I burst out crying and told him off on the spot! I cannot tahan being sent out for meetings all the time just bcoz I was single! Bila I dah mengamuk macam tu baru diaorg terasa! So now they become a bit wary of pushing me around. They cannot fire you- and they know there's no one else as dedicated to do certain jobs. But you got to tell the Principal you cannot handle ALL the jobs! Dont keep quiet. That's what I want to say. :)

escape2 said...

well, i did not keep quiet, did i? and i did it so emotionally some more. hahaha
i am just trying to save my own ship from sinking. just throw away few rocks, then i, the captain am sure can keep the ship afloat and get to the destination.

Unknown's said...

I haven't read your blog for such a long time because I was busy. Felt sorry when I read this. It wasn't as joyful as you looked on all your pics. I thought you should be senior enough now. Not to be bullied like that.
I am in my third year in the university but I guess I am treated quite fairly loh!

SF said...

By the way, the one above was me.

escape2 said...

thanks for dropping by again sfong.
i hope i did not paint a bad picture of all those in the admin board. they are not that bad....i think it was just a case of miscommunication. i think lah.
the list has not sunk in yet....i will know how ready i am in few days' time.