Sunday, January 09, 2011

punctured by beanie

don't read this post if u can't stand the sight of blood!!!
u have been warned!

i will just go straight to the point.

i have just been bitten by beanie, my dog :(
and i feel so robotic now as i am typing this. the shock has almost passed but i can still feel slight dizziness.

it all happened at 1.50p.m. when i wanted to tie him before the kids would arrive at 2p.m. he was snuggling under my car and he refused to come out even after much coaxing. so i went near him, crouched down and thought of patting his head to talk him out. instead, he misunderstood that as an act of aggression and bit me accompanied with a growl.

my palm was facing up when he bit, and this is the deep puncture made by his teeth. i did not feel pain at that moment. it was more of shock as i watched blood quickly form a pool on my palm. shouted for mom and told her what happened. she brought me tissue, cotton, and disinfectant.

the dog crawled out of the car already by then and had gone back to his usual place behind the pingpong table. i gave him a light kick out of frustration. it was soft and no harm was done. he did not even growl when i kicked. did he know what he had done to me?

mom washed my wound but then i was quickly breaking out in cold sweat. a lot. then dizziness. and i blacked out and my knee wobbled and i just sat onto the ground. when i could see again, the head was spinning and i felt blood draining from my face.

walked into the house. mom called dad. i got my purse and phone. took the photo above and went into the car. mom could not drive me herself because she was also unwell and was dizzy.

so off i went with dad to look for a clinic which would be open on a sunday afternoon at 2p.m. it was an impossible task to find one i realised as we circled around town passing by closed clinics.
in the car, i still could manage an sms canceling the 2p.m. class. touch screen technology and prediction key function.

dad thought of a 24-hour clinic near the university....our last resort. reached there, a sign was hung outside- will be back at 2.30p.m. REST. OMG.

so the final choice- government hospital which we know will not have any attending doctors.
but it was the government hospital that treated me in the end.

went into the emergency unit and the attendings there asked what my problem was. i told them- dog bite and they said, no problem. they had to help me take out the identity card from my wallet. my right hand was numb.

a young female indian nurse cleaned and disinfected my wound. ouch, it was damn stingy. a young malay male assistant quickly got out a syringe and told me he would inject me on my right arm. i felt safe already then. now that i am typing this, it reminds me of the spirit of 1 malaysia. wouldn't my scene make a good advertisement to promote this unity we so want??? hahaha....ok i digress.

the nurse told me the wound would not be stitched as it is a dog bite. instead, i am to go back everyday to have the wound clean. ok, this will be done at the government clinic in bidor starting tomorrow.



i am given painkillers and antibiotics. the charge- rm1. fast, efficient and cheap. well done emergency unit, tg malim hospital.

the head was still a bit light on the way home.

had 2 pieces of roti canai with dhal and then took 2 painkillers. it was not really that painful, but just wanna numb the pain a bit.

so now my right hand is in the best position to hold a mouse. but unfortunately, my job does not require me to work in front of the computer and manipulating the mouse.

so how am i going to hold a pen? what will happen to all the work i get? the thought of all the books piling up is giving me a nightmare already. how am i going to wash and wring my clothes? how am i going to scrunch/tie my hair?

i am getting a nap now. exhausted.

6 comments:

quin_quin said...

poor beauty... Ur unlucky day... Take care...

aniq said...

Take care doll! Jangan buat kerja berat berat. Take another MC la, babe..its not like gonna benefit anyone much with your condition like that kan?

Stylicious Fashionista said...

Oh dear, I got bitten by a friend's dog too a couple of years ago. And the dog just kept growling and wouldn't let my hand go. Ouch. Went to the doc but I didn't get any meds though. Just a tetanus shot. And that hurt like hell.

Hang on in there. Things'll get better soon.

As for the Goyard prices, I've left a comment on my blog. Let me check, and see what I can do and I'll get back to you on that yea?

xx
Stylicious Fashionista @ Bag Addicts Anonymous

Twitter: @bagaddictsanon

BeaLee said...

hope your hand is better...

Betty said...

That looks terribly painful. I think i might just become phobia of any dogs after that. Even now actually. Poor you. Hope you'll get well soon. It's not fun to not be able to make full use of our hands properly.

escape2 said...

surprisingly, pain did not come at all at that time. i did not feel anything. maybe numbness shielded the pain