Tuesday, December 31, 2013

all is well to usher in 2014

the final day of 2013. a day to reminisce the year?? or a day  to look forward to 2014 instead? or both???

hmm.....i am not that keen to reminisce and then list out all the achievements and failures and stuff. sentimental is not a strong word to describe me.

anyway, ending 2013 well is a good start for 2014.
and what better way to end it than to do a bit of spring cleaning in the house. oohh....it was so good.

cleaned the rented house in bidor yesterday with the help of a 14-year-old who volunteered his help. he had few days ago pulled the weeds outside the house and got rid of all those unwanted long creepers on the fence. phew! gardening is not my cup of tea. thank goodness i have him.
we worked for three hours non-stop after having takeaway lunch from kfc which i bought back to the house. he did not even tell his parents that he was helping me. he told me his conversation with his father where he told his dad that he was going to help someone clean the house but not the name of the person. and his dad complained that he did not even bother with the cleaning at home. hahaha....

we swept, mopped, wiped, and threw stuff away. phew! it was good work and i was so grateful for his pair of helping hands and he did not complain at all and just did whatever i told him. without him, i wouldn't be able to do so much. now i can go back to a clean house to start the new academic year. well, there is still a little to clean, but those are things i can manage easily myself.

i also threw some stuff away back here at home and it was good to see things more organized. space is very  very important ok. you don't want to have things cluttered everywhere. even the brain will be in a mess because of the disorganisation at home. so if you have nothing to do come this new year, go clean the house ;)

one of the things i got rid of is my old pencil case which i have been using for more than 10 years. it is a leather pencil case which i got from esprit in germany when i went to visit my aunt. the zip is broken finally and it is time to say goodbye to it. well, i might still keep it to store my space stationery but it is definitely not coming to school with me. a colourful bright and psychedelic case is following  me instead. it was a gift from a friend for my birthday few years ago. finally i get to utilise it.

i still have quite a lot of things to sort out once the school year starts such as my own personal time-table. that is going to be another headache. and according to the indian almanac for 2014 down here, i shouldn't think of changing job or looking for a relationship.
i have given up looking for a that special someone. i mean, if it happens, it happens. who doesn't need love.

initially, i thought my 2013 will end with me announcing my a change career wise. unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. there is still no news and half of me has given up getting any news come january next year. but i guess the other half is still keeping the fingers crossed. hope costs nothing and one can always hope.

mom and dad are back from melbourne already after spending 3 weeks there and i think they brought the whole melbourne back. hahaa.....
check out the things they brought home.

nespresso machine.....yeah! long black, latte, cappucino.....all possible at home now. the one i bought from japan could not work due to the difference in power voltage and it sort of exploded when i plugged the machine into the power socket.

their annual supply of cod liver oil and glucosamine pills.

lots and lots of chocolates. they got cheaper cadbury chocolate when they went to their factory in tasmania.

i don't know if these nut bars are for personal consumption or not.

different fruit and nut cheeses for dad.

pain relief cream for my knee. haiz...if i can make one wish for 2014, it will be for the pain in my knee to go away. unfortunately, there is no miracle for my condition.

rainbow loom!!! the latest craze in the united states!! i read about it in the local newspaper and it was actually created by a malaysian who is now an american citizen. i did my search online and found stores in aussie which sell the kit and got my sister to get it for me.

and since getting it, i have been very very busy haha.....and also you will hear my cries of frustration when the design i was working on did not work.

i worked on my loom for few hours last night and was rewarded with these above. good gifts to give the kids....and for myself. my aunt is waiting for one. i am going to get my sister to buy me more rubber bands and an extension to the loom. hehe...i need to make longer bracelets!! the length now is too short!!!

okok......writing about it makes me itch to go back to more bracelets.

i hope you have had a good 2013. i think my 2013 has been good. the only bad news to me is my knee. that is something which i find it hard to accept and part of me still does not want to accept the fact. went for a few holidays....japan!!! yeah...finally. everyone in the family was good....well, grandpa left, but it was his time.

hope 2014 will treat me well. let me strike a lottery perhaps? heehe...i shall not be greedy and just wish for good health and world peace.

happy new year!!!

No comments: