Wednesday, October 20, 2010

lekor-ing on a freaking hot day

am i looking for trouble here?? i feel uneasy because i can detect a certain congestion in the nose. there is no phlegm in the throat nor do i have a runny nose. but i do sneeze hard occasionally few times these few days. signs of illness to come definitely. it is just under control at the moment. once i lose control of it, i am sure i will be down with a bad bout of cold.

and looking at my lunch time snack here- it really spells trouble kan??
crispy keropok lekor bought from a mobile van outside a primary school. rm2. my lunch.
the weather is freaking hot outside as well and my whole body feel so hot. need some herbal tea but dunno how to boil it myself. so have to rely on 3 freshly squeezed oranges for my vitamin c. later will make myself glasses of honey.

here are my dishes for dinner and 1 soup.


i have never been so relieved to see vege. but the sight of the curry stingray....hot hot hot. maybe get myself a beer later.

and i can't sleep these few days. woke up in the middle of the night covered in sweat. want to be an eco-warrior and sleep with only the fan switched on, but it is really impossible. still end up waking in the middle of the night to switch on the air-cond. the heat is unbearable! the loss of sleep is also due to some hormones playing games with me. hate it. have the pimples on the face to prove.

to another thing. how do you feel when you are reading a good book?? i feel the world is so small and i am in my own small enclosed cave. no matter how big the room or the bed is, i will only squeeze in that one small corner and be engrossed in the story i am reading. everything seems to have vanished the moment i start reading the lines on the pages. do you feel that way??

this is the book i am reading now. have only reached chapter 3 but it is really good. my brother bought it and i think the book won man asian prize few years back. i feel totally transferred to the mongolian plain and crouching there in the snow cave with the characters watching the wolves attacking a herd of gazelles. totally mesmerising and beautiful.

keeping my fingers crossed that i don't get sick.

No comments: