Thursday, February 10, 2011

happy jade emperor day

it is the 8th day of chinese new year now, and tomorrow the hokkiens will celebrate their new year. the 9th day is also known as the jade emperor's day so do not be surprised if you are waken up by the sound of exploding firecrackers as midnight approach today.

and it also means that i have been staying away from the blog for 8 days. guilty.
there was no time to write during the first few days of cny with some gambling sessions with relatives and friends. then there were the house-visits as well. but this year has been quieter but i still feel as tired.

and once work started, i have been on the go. sleep also does not come to me.....has not come for few nights now. yawn! hope it will not get worse but better tonight. still positive.

anyway...some photos now..........

my cny reunion dinner dishes. not many but more than enough for everyone.

had chilli crab on the first day of cny. my friend got it for me from kuala selangor- the dead crabs. mom cooked them. i had been craving for crabs for some time and the restaurants in tm also did not have them, so one sms to my friend and he said no problem. it was free of charge too. hahaha....so my other friends also said they want to order for next year.

some of the red packets collected this year. the haul has been getting better la as i got older hahaha. it was more than rm400.

i got this cute handphone holder from my neighbour when she came over to give me some biscuits. she said the rabbit is not as cute as the pig. i was just looking for one.
one of the nicer rabbit packet i got. rm5 from my neighbour in bidor.

cousin en told me to put a slice of lemon into my drinking water as it helps detoxification and it makes the water taste nicer. yes maam. you can do it too. but do not drink it in the evening because you will feel really hungry when you wake up the next day.

i am signing off now by keeping the fingers crossed for some sleep tonight. have to close all the windows and switch on the aircond to block the noise from outside. the rain has stopped outside so that means there will definitely by celebrations tonight for the hokkien new year.

still not too late to wish everyone a happy chinese new year!!!

1 comment:

aniq said...

I like the phone holder! But your neighbour statement " rabbit not as cute as pig" really crack me up! ha ha I would definitely detest so! hahhahaha
Waah makan sedap! Ya, patutla semalam i cannot sleep! my neighbours were having a ball of their lives firecracking down my eardrums! wakakaka. :)
Happy new year again my dear!