Friday, September 23, 2011

another week is ending....

i love my catered lunch!!! there is always a sense of anticipation when the tiffin carrier arrives on the table at work. i learn to be less choosy with vegetables provided. it is good for me that way.
and guess how much i pay for my lunch? just rm3.50.

so below is what i got today. usually there is a meat dish but today it is all vege, but i am not complaining. it is so yummy and the rice is so fragrant too. hmm....well maybe i was hungry.
i usually make whatever i get into 2 portions, more saving. i save some for dinner too.
so don't you say i don't take rice ah. the rice helps me feel fuller when there are less dishes.

do i see dried scallop sprinkled on the mushrooms?? ;) i am saving this dish for my dinner. isn't this better than a meat dish???

i am so thankful to the cook for her generosity and solving my meals problems. a few colleagues are interested to order from her too after seeing what i had for the past few days. the food at the canteen is sometimes not reliable. no, correction, most of the time not reliable. they cook too little that vegetables finish by 11.45a.m. when i go down at 12noon, i only see empty trays. that really pisses me off. so you don't want to do my business, i go and look for someone who wants my money lah.

and i have more yummy food for later. this one is thanks to facebook.
many have complained about the new changes, but i just accept whatever they do. after all, the service is free and i can still see whatever i usually see. it will take a bit of getting used to, but i am sure everyone will get a hang of it soon. i guess all the outburst is due to the sudden change without any warning.

anyway, back to my facebook and my snacks. someone posted her mom's curry puffs on her wall an hour ago and it caught my attention.
so shamelessly, i commented that 'i want! i want! i want!' ;)
then she asked, 'how many do you want?'
i answered, 'one is enough to make me happy.'
she said, 'if i give you two, then you will be happier lah.'
in the end...she brought me 4.
she said that it would make me happier than happiest. hahahah....
well, all those comparatives and superlatives can be so fun.
hmmh....touching on language. haiz...today a gal cried in class when the principal was giving them a motivation talk. he was in the class in the period before mine. when his time ended, i was already waiting outside. but he stopped me first before i went in. he told me how the gal cried all of a sudden when he joked about the gal's response to his question. she was really sobbing hard. she left the class with the friend before i finished talking with the principal.

then in front of the counsellor, the gal said that she broke down because i gave her a lot of pressure. what??? i also went into the picture? i wasn't even there when she started crying and now i am the reason why she cried???

she is weak in the language and i had been talking to her brother to help her. but that's all. in the class, i did not pick on her. i usually act nonchalantly when i am teaching and my class is always filled with laughter. so where is the pressure? maybe she feels intimidated. at times, when her friends laughed at my joke, she just could not follow because she did not get it. but i did not scold her. anyway, she isn't helping herself to improve either. i don't see her asking her friends for guidance or clarification. she has lost her self-confidence because of her weakness in the language and seeing others improving. i hope the counsellor can help her. i don't think she will talk to me. as i was leaving school, i saw her walking past my car and in her eyes, i think i detected hatred for me. ouch! hope she can calm down this weekend and seek help.

No comments: