Saturday, August 18, 2012

pre-raya rambling

yesterday was quite a historical/memorable day in my life hahaha....
it is nothing big....just my dad making me a cup of jasmine tea and sending all the way upstairs for me while i was watching a movie in front of the pc.
kakaa... it is already a historic moment for me because my dad has never done this kind of thing for me before. when i told mom about it, she said, dad had never ever made nor brought her a drink.

dad has become more like a dad the older we grow. when we were young, it was always grandfather who stepped in and dad was just like a silent figure moving in and out of the house.
and now that grandfather is old and frail, dad is the person you count on for everything. change tyres, send the car for checks, pay taxes, etc. he is also the person who nags you but also shares with you the benefits of having dark chocolate and a little wine everyday...not to mention to drink tea the whole day.

hmm....and maybe because of that cup of tea yesterday, i did not get my sleep that night. i had the drink at 5pm and i couldn't sleep the whole night!!!! i thought it would not affect me, but i guess i was wrong. i better still stick to my pu'er late in the evening. i doubt it was the air-conditioner. i had it on yesterday because it was really hot.

so today, i had been all groggy and my nose had been running non-stop and i had been sneezing my nose off too- the whole day. please let me get my sleep.

luckily the runny nose only came today. after drinking that cup of warm jasmine tea from dad, i was all warmed up and fired up for my workout at proton city. was already sweating before i left the house, so it was a good warm up for the muscles. proton city park was very quiet, with only few families bringing their kids to play at the playground and a couple of joggers.

i had a really good workout, a faster jog than usual, all 3 rounds round the lake, doing my stretching and then some sprints. whooopii....i did more rounds than those male joggers there. kakaka....the kiasu me pushed my body to complete that 3 rounds although the stomach was going to explode and i could almost vomit.

it felt really good. all muscles felt lean and taut and i don't feel fat at all the whole day. kakakaka.....will do this again tomorrow....but hopefully i can still feel as fired up as yesterday. hope tomorrow i will feel better after a good sleep.

and on the way back from my jogging trip, the car stopped at the traffic lights. i couldn't help taking a photo of the raya decorations and the lighted trees in front of the bus station. it has so much raya 'feel' to it. raya always reminds me of balik kampung to be with your loved ones, and that bus station reminded me of all the travelling people will do every year.
am very pleased with the photo, i have always wanted to take photos of the few electric trees in front of the station.

i had a raya invitation for tomorrow, have not decided whether to go...i should go since i have never been after being invited again and again. maybe i should go there for lunch, before my class starts at 2. then after my class, go running again at proton city to burn off the fat i have taken in the form or rendang and cookies...will attack those pineapple tarts for sure.

another thing i hope to find in her house will be dry jelly. i have missed it so much. can't remember the last time i had it. dry agar-agar always reminds me of raya, because that is the time i get to eat it. gosh, my secondary school days might be the last time i had it. many people do not know what it is.
i googled and found a gem of a blog. gosh, all cooks out there, you better bookmark this page:
http://wendyinkk.blogspot.com/
the name is table for 2 ....or more. must visit. will definitely tell aunt to check out this blog....haha....then i get to sample all the goodies she tries ;)
this is a picture i took from her blog. gosh, i want to have that jar of agar-agar candy!!!
hence, it is decided, if i can't find it, i am going to make it!!! yes, you heard me right. i am going to make it my project this week since i will be home for the holidays! woohoo.....can't wait to pop them into my mouth. all mine!!!!

so if you are interested to make some of your own too, go to this page: http://wendyinkk.blogspot.com/2011/01/dried-agar-agar-candy-ii.html

i will have to sweet talk my mom into buying all the ingredients for me, then boil the agar-agar for me too. kekekeke.....
the drying and sunning part, i will do them. no problemo.
very excited to start this makan project of mine. so i will be praying for the sun everyday now.

No comments: