Thursday, May 30, 2013

cold and gloomy days down under

it seems that i have come down under to hibernate..... well, i am doing that right now.
it is drizzling outside and it is cold. i have not experienced any late autumn weather going into winter in any of my travel before, so i really do not know what to make of this weather.
inside the house is just as cold as outside, so i have myself wrapped under a blanket and in three layers of top. my fingers are cold and my nose is slightly runny. what a bad condition.

the runny nose is the worst. it started mid-flight and was horrible yesterday with sneezes here and there.
this morning, i woke up feeling better since i got my sleep under those warm and thick blankets...yeah....blankets. switching on the heater will be useless and a waste of electricity in the living room since it brings no effect at all. in fact, the bathroom is warmer when the heating light is switched on.
got this pair of house of warm house slippers at target yesterday. it is definitely necessary to keep those feet warm. or else i would be clad in my boots even inside the house. lol

i have not done any of my exercises which i am supposed to do to strengthen my knee. touch wood, i have not experienced any pain in the knee after the second dose of hyalgan on monday and it is so far, so good.

target was the only place we went to yesterday since i was interested to look for pajamas, but they didn't have any on the rack. too bad. oh, also accompanied brother-in-law to the dentist. what a coward...he requested my sister go in with him to the room. hahaha.....
and wow, the dentist fee here is super expensive. just a clean is already almost 100 AUD. so malaysians, be grateful for the cheap services you have there and go get your set of teeth clean more often. which reminds me, i have to go for mine when i get back as well. have planned to go before this trip, but just couldn't find the time.

this morning, went out for breakfast and a short trip to coles.
the big breakfast at a salmon shop. well, can you spot two pieces of salmon behind those mushrooms?? we ordered another set of only poached egg and bread and shared the mushrooms, salmon, and bacon on this plate. it was a full breakfast of course. i am a small eater ;) and i also have to be on a diet since i have not done any jogging since last month because of the knee. and you won't be seeing me doing any soon. brisk walk yes, jogging no.

these are the titbits i got from coles. biscuits and chocolates. all to be given away. how generous of me.

me and the baby have not been on very good term. he is grumpy and crying because i am an unfamiliar face.
however, this morning was slightly better. when his mummy agitated him by wiping his face, he turned to me instead. he was happier when we were outside and that was when he let me carry him.

we have also baked a brownie here. heavenly. it was like eating a chunk of dark chocolate but with slightly saltish taste and lots of raisins and walnuts.

now to singapore.
mcdonalds and hello kitty have another collaboration!!!! this was already sold in hong kong last year and now singapore is starting this week!!! there will be another craze no doubt. the black one is really special. oh, did i mention that someone is going to eat mcdonalds for me and help me get these six???
bless her soul. these six are going to be my birthday present. i hope she will have no problem getting them. i am sure i will be seeing a lot of this pictures posted next week.

well, got to go and have my bath before night comes. i am dreading my shower every day. and i have to wash my hair today. arrghh!! standing under the warm jets of water is wonderful, but coming out and feeling the cold tiles on the floor, you just want to jump up and down.

No comments: