Saturday, November 30, 2013

a grey tooth

it has been such a bleak day that the sun is totally manipulated by those ugly clouds and rain.
it has been grey and wet and nothing gets dry....yes, i mean the washing.
i have just hung today's washing on the lines, and there is hardly any place left to hang another extra piece. none of yesterday's washing can be collected yet.

i guess the bleakness in weather is similar to what i am feeling, specifically my tooth condition. gosh.....everyone hates toothache right? do you hate dentist also???
i think have been so many times to my dentist just this month that the dental assistants there might think i have a crush on their dentist. unfortunately, he is a male. so they can be suspicious. if my calculation is right, i have been there thrice.

yesterday i was so so so ready to have one of my teeth (a pre-molar) extracted that i psyched myself for few days to face the fact. yes, i was scared lah.

last week,the dentist had told me to get an x-ray on the problem tooth which i did. and from the x-ray, some problem, or rot is detected in the middle of the tooth. there was a black patch seen.....and he told me that even a root canal could not save the tooth. so he told me i had to get it extracted. the thing was, he did not tell me when i was to extract that tooth.

as i had been having lingering pain on the tooth these few days, i thought i might better have it extracted before my trip to hanoi next week so i won't have to suffer when i am there.

hence, i went to the dentist yesterday afternoon to get the job done, once and for all. the whole morning the tooth was the only thing on my mind and everyone had been giving me moral support and their courage for me to stay strong.
but when i told the dentist that i wanted to have the tooth extracted....he told me 'no need'. gosh.....i was quite dumbfounded to tell the truth. i mean i had been scaring myself for nothing?!!!
he told me that my tooth could still service me for another year or two and the problem was still not that bad....in the sense that it had not attacked my root yet. so i could still keep the tooth. then what about the pain i asked.
he said that it could be due to heatiness of the body that made everything sensitive. so for now, i can breathe a sigh of relief.....a HUGE one!

i was not that worried about the pain of pulling out a tooth, it was more of the gap that would be there later. will it be very visible when i open my mouth??? ugly!!!

in the end, he gave me some painkillers and antibiotic....only to be taken when the pain is killing me or making me lose sleep.....they are to make me go to hanoi without a worry, my travel comforter....so i don't worry when i am in hanoi.
and he told me to brush my teeth properly. i had to get an interdental toothbrush to brush a cache between two teeth too since floss is already way too fine for the gap. am praying hard that all my teeth will be ok and have to constantly remind myself to be careful when biting...no super hard stuff!

ok enough about my tooth.

my sister had finally flown back to melbourne after spending three weeks back here. it had been non-stop eating and shopping for her everytime we went out.....so of course she has put on weight.

local delicacies were the priorities....just like that bowl of assam laksa above.

and shopping....gosh....i want to faint.....

everytime we went to the mall, we only came back when the shutters were closing. hard to believe to hear that i actually felt nauseous at the mall eh? it was exactly how i felt.....so so tiring ah. i walked till my legs wanted to fall apart and the whole body felt numb. only my sister did not lose her energy level and seemed to get more energised the more clothes she saw. she was doing her shopping for the whole of 2014 maybe.

i am going to have a proper rest tomorrow and start packing. weather forecast for hanoi is looking good so far. so let's hope i have a better trip than bali.

No comments: