Friday, March 09, 2012

online marni hm shopping frenzy

ok- the crazy for limited edition stuff (reasonable ones) me has struck again....and this time it is non-other than the h&m and marni collaboration which was launched just yesterday.

the nearest h&m store here will be in singapore and i had no one there to queue for me outside the shop. well, i do have a friend in singapore who is crazier than me but she was not there in singapore at the moment and she also had to rely on a friend to do it for her. and both of us like the same tee, so there was no way i could get it because each person is only allowed to buy one piece of one design only.

so i had to rely on my dear cousin who is in australia and she had to shop for me on germany's website in the language which she grew up with- german. phew! they only allowed local credit card to be used for purchase in the local country and the billing address must be the same as the receiver's address. so i can't do it using my credit card.

at one point of the e-shopping yesterday, i was supposed to depend on google translate to do the purchase because my cousin had an appointment at the opening time of the sale. online purchase and shop purchase for europe only starts at 1000 central european time. that means it started at 5pm malaysian time and 7pm australian time.

in singapore, the shop opened earlier at 8a.m. if i am not wrong but the queue already started forming the day before at 2pm in the afternoon. geng leh.

anyway, back to my online experience. i purposely stayed at work till 5pm on thursday so i could use the internet service and kept trying to enter the website since 5pm but to no avail. i tried for hours!!!! till 9.30pm. i went out for dinner bringing my notebook with the broadband modem sticking out like a sore thumb. and kept clicking retry retry retry countless times.....

in the end....my cousin in australia was the one who managed to get in when the crowd had dwindled i think. she texted me about 10.30pm malaysian time to say that she had got the items i wanted. she also had to try 30 minutes before she managed to enter the site.

unbelievable!! so here is my loot:

haha....couldn't believe that i would buy a piece of swimwear....but i just couldn't resist this retro design. now i have no more excuse not to do swimming as a routine. i really do want to go swimming regularly and i am hoping that this piece of cute swimwear will make me do it. wakakakaka.....
keeping my fingers crossed that the swimwear will fit me.
ok. the second item i got- this bag. marni is known for their prints and buying this is like paying a homage to the brand. they do have a similar one but in plain orange but i thought that was kinda boring. i am thinking of using this bag to work.
last but not least, i just can't resist this cute tee. i don't buy tees that often nowadays because i have lots of them in the wardrobe that i have only worn few times. ok, i am guilty of owning too many pieces of clothings which i have only worn less than 3 times. but that is because i don't really go out that many times a year.
but i am still a teeshirt person at heart and this tee is cheap at 19,95 euro. must get!! and this tee was sold out after few hours in singapore according to my friend.

phew....was glad that my anxiety ended before i went to sleep yesterday. hmmh....when will i get to hold these things i have ordered? they will be in germany for at least a few months....

all right...back to reality after that shopping frenzy yesterday.

tomorrow we are celebrating grandma's 49th day of passing and there will be some prayers by buddhist masters and we will go to rawang too.
and tomorrow also, grandma's prayer place in the house will 'merge' with the other ancestors. hahaha....dunno how else to describe this. will try to take some photos of the rituals tomorrow to share here.

ok...back to some dreaming. if i have more money and i really want to splurge, i would also get all these stuff from h&m marni.

a printed dress- sold out dy today
sold out too....this was on my priority list initially...but i cut it out later when i realised that i did not want to pay so much for plastic.
gosh, there is still stock for this leather jacket!!! it is 199 euro wor. i want!!!
a cool polka dot jacket which is so chic....and also still available at 99 euro. over the budget.

stack bangles.

so, what do you think of my taste? or marni's designs? hehhe.

*all images from hm.com

3 comments:

c2minnie said...

Hey Mi got the blue polka dot jacket too! Is that 1 of the reason you thought of getting it?

escape2 said...

no!!! i like the jacket when i checked out their collection before mi was wearing hers. why? u think that is not my taste ar??

i think she got every piece of the item in the collection lah. it is just up to her which one to parade.

qahina said...

I love Marni! I got one Marni top which is a fab red and I wore it on so many occassions - was definitely a worthy buy. It was under RM100 only btw and I got it from popup showroom on FB. I wish to get any Marni print top but Im still too conservative la! hehhe. But good choice and I love the bag you got! :)