Thursday, October 03, 2013

my knee.....s ;(

you know my life is very busy when you don't see me updating even on a weekly basis.

and it is also very tiring.....even someone as far as australia knew how tired i am by just reading what i wrote. hahaha.....it is not an exaggeration...i just quote what was said.

i will blame the exhaustion on my knee. haiz....my knee....i feel as if i have a 50-year-old person's knee and it is very demotivating to go through the day because of this.

the above is a picture taken on my follow-up consultation at the sports clinic before i was injected with my third round of hyalgan gel last friday. it was supposed to provide me relief and nutrients for the knee.....but i think i overdid the walking after that in midvalley. ouch. i really do feel sharp pain on both sides of the knee till today. what have i done??

that red dot there is the place where the needle went in and there is still a patch of blue-black near the area this time around. the last 2 times i had the injection few months before, i don't recall having blue-black patches.  again, is it the stress from my trip to midvalley after that??? regret regret.

this here is a transdermal glucosamine cream recommended by an ex-colleague to apply on the joint area. it is available in singapore and i have told someone to help me get it there. hope it works.
even the right knee is in pain now. the knees are creaking like rusty hinges. just put your palm on my knees, then tell me to straighten my legs, you can feel the creaking. i want to cry!

been lying real low on the exercise circuit now because of this. brisk walk is also not in the list at the moment. but because of this lack of exercise and not breaking into a sweat, it makes me weary and lifeless. i really can't wait for the holidays to come so i can really rest and not think about work. i need a break.

here are the things i did after my injection.

first stop: breakfast at yeast, in bangsar with my brother who had willingly followed me that day.


our flat white and latte.

breakfast.....or brunch..........it was at about 11 and we really did not have lunch that day......just popcorn when we watched our movie- the butler. a really good film with a really wonderful cast. but it was not for everyone though....only for serious movie-goers.

also did some shopping there in the malls...midvalley and the gardens. so you know what killed my knees now. sob sob.
got an adidas short-sleeve hoodie jacket.....great discount! 60% off. something i have been looking for ages.
a pair gladiator sandals from clarks...50% off.

and we got a pair of runners for dad from mizuno...

and i got to go to melissa, a shoe shop to try their shoes.....to check my size....

because i got a pair from australia but it was slightly big. boohooo....
their collaboration with karl lagerfeld.

the pair that i got from aussie. it is slightly long but it won't fall off my feet. the price is cheaper than buying it in malaysia.

mr lagerfeld on the side of the shoe.

ta-da. 8 is my size at melissa, but according to the sales assistant, this collection was slightly bigger so i should be wearing one size smaller. i tried their flats, i wear size 8.
but i don't think i will buy this brand in malaysia since they have better sale prices in aussie from the website. i just have to check my size before buying. how comfortable are they? i don't really know yet...i have yet to wear mine.

so that was alst friday.

and yesterday, i had a meeting and after meeting, it was baskin robbins with a friend. it was more of a friend being there for another friend session. gosh, i was  there just as a listener, being an outlet for her to vent out her problems. poor her. there was nothing much i could help because it was family problem.....and i only did what i could, listen and give my support for her to stay strong.
and the above picture got more than 100 'likes' on facebook in less than a day.....you do wonder what is so special about it.

and i posted 3 pictures about donation drive for the school today, and it had barely got to 35 'likes' after half a day. haiz. disappointed.
people still don't want to donate to their alma mater. and we have to go around the town next week, walking from shop to shop asking for donation. how horrible and terrifying.

i will make sure i put on my runners and make sure i keep my legs rested. i will definitely need icepacks on the knees after that walkabout. sob sob sob.

No comments: