Sunday, June 22, 2014

goodbye my nine-year-old companion.

it's funny how humans can forget something which has been a part of their life for so long when a new thing appears.

case in point- my car.
i did not realise that my old car was gone from the house  until mom told me that dad was not at home as he was away sending my old car to my uncle.

how could i not notice the missing car eh?
could it be because i am already used to my new car after just one week?

driving the new car for the first time was a really uneasy experience. it felt odd, out of sorts and my body could not adjust at all. so after having about one hour to ponder in the car about what was not right (definitely not with the car), i came to a conclusion that it was the position of the seat-  it was too low.
i was totally drowning in the too low position. i had to stretch my back and neck to look at the front. my hand had problem reaching out to touch the touch n go scanner at the tol plaza.

hence, it was the manual book to the rescue. i checked the related chapter, managed to find the lever to raise the seat, and voila, the seat and body then fit like a glove. from then on, it was smooth driving all the way. i felt as if i was driving a bmw although my car was just a toyota. lol.
a friend, my first official passenger, who got into my car on the first night the car was delivered, felt that he was sitting in a more luxurious car when i told him the car model he was sitting in. all signs positive here. i have also just filled two customer survey forms sent by toyota and i gave them an average of 8 out of 10 in all the questions asked.

i hope this car is going to accompany me for a long long journey to come. it isn't cheap paying for you ok. i have to think twice before shopping now.

so the old car is gone, it doesn't mean that i am unappreaciative of the service it had given me. it was still in good condition when i said goodbye to it as i serviced  the car on schedule all the time. some may say that my driving style was rough, but hey, it was always safety first ok. even a male colleague who got into my old car for the first time could tell that i sent it for servicing on time all this while.
i hope the old car is going to stay on the road for a long long time too because it is a good car.

may both the cars service their owners well and keep them safe in their journeys on the road.
amen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the excitement over your new car is the reason why you didn’t notice your old one. Anyways, it’s really not easy to adjust to a new car, especially if it has some features that your old car don’t have. But since you feel comfortable with your new car now, I’m sure it will be just like before. Just don’t forget to keep it well-maintained, to avoid having troubles in the road. All the best!

Colin Morton @ Seaport Auto

Unknown said...

I don’t think you have to feel guilty about not noticing your old car. It might have served you several years already, but you also have to adjust to your new car. And it will still be of use to someone else, so that's a good thing right there. All the best!

Diane Wilson @ Fletcher Chrysler Products

Unknown said...

So, how is the experience so far? I hope your new car is easier to drive than the previous one. But I don’t think there would be any issues, since it’s automatic and easy to maneuver. Just stay alert while on the road, so that you can prevent any kind of predicament from happening. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Diana Hayes @ Baldwin Subaru