Saturday, May 05, 2007

;(

i am sick...booo hoooo hoooo...
i think the super hot and dry weather has taken its toll on me and i am finally withering under the heat.
the nose is running non-stop, the throat is damn dry and the fever is kicking in. even the tip of the tongue wants to participate and swell with glee. how cruel.
and it all started with the throat inflammation. i guess i am just not made for shouting. been raising my voice on the field for one week. although the few days of public holidays rested my voice till thursday, it was full blast on thursday. i woke up in the middle of that night and knew i was in trouble with my throat when i could not even utter a sound. the throat felt as coarse as sandpaper. on friday it was only whispers and a trip to the pharmacy to get the anti-inflammatory lozenges (difflam). mind you, they are not your usual strepsils, they set me back rm9 for only 8 lozenges and i have already finished this 8. today got mom to buy me another 8.
i am taking in water like a fish now. a bottle of herbal tea has been downed (1.5l) and my lips still feel so dry and red.

2 comments:

-ernny- said...

aiks. get well soon man, esp before u go to Beijing. It's gonna be so hot there.

escape2 said...

thanks....i think i am recovering now. the throat is not as painful and the flu has stopped.
will drink loads of water