Thursday, September 04, 2008

once a shirt

dearly beloved,
today i have gathered all my words here to mourn for the demise of my once crinkled and crumpled striped blue and white shirt. sob! sob!
it had served me for a few years and will no longer do so. it has run out of shape and structure thus not fitting me anymore. the shirt is all limp without any attitude, what a poor end.
i have always loved this shirt because i dun have to iron it. the colours and fitting are good too.
the tragedy was only discovered yesterday when i took it out and planned to wear it today at work. i could have screamed the house down if not for my grieve that was more overwhelming than anger.
MOM!!! yes, she is the culprit. oh, what kind of daughter will call her mom a culprit? she loves ironing all clothes too much that she did not realise this shirt was meant to be crumpled and crinkled. ooh ooh ooh....
i guess the only thing to do now is to pass the shirt on to mom and let her wear it and feel guilty while doing so. hik hik hik.
amen.

3 comments:

rockysamsung said...

Ouch.

Miss Mathew said...

Dear Ms. Escape,
My deepest sympathy...

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.....dejavu
same thing happen to my fav fuschia top quite some years ago,
maid tot it was too wrinkle & iron it all nice & straight,
still can wear after tat but juz doesn't feel d same
2 bad....juz hv 2 get over it...

;-)