Thursday, July 07, 2011

a day of thanks

happy birthday to me. yup, one year older and i have never felt better. have to be optimistic right.
i am really really really tired now. my eyes can only open because i put so much effort in opening them.
this is totally different from the energy and alertness i felt when i woke up this morning. i really had a sound sleep yesterday and woke up bright and sunny before the alarm rang. hahaha....i think my body knew it was turning older right at that time. yup, i was born in the morning.

today is coming to an end soon. after replying to about 400 wall posts on my facebook wall and almost 100 text messages and receiving a few phone calls from well-wishers in which one was from taiwan and another was from singapore, i think i am ready to call it a night.

but before i do that, let me share some highlights of my day.

aaah....the only birthday cake i got today although i got birthday songs in every class. one class sang so loud that 2 blocks could hear them. gulp, and the boss' room is only downstairs.
love my new hairstyle? wakakak....i can even flip the front hair haha

the second jelly cake. how cute. i still have 3/4 in the fridge.

the gorgeous kids from 5 mawar. no, they are not the loudest...but still loud enough for the whole row to hear.

i have a hello kitty cherry-flavoured lolly in the cake. and i love that hello kitty handmade card. yup, one of them made it. love the bling bling. i wonder how much time is spent on that.

gosh, look at the clarity of this chee cheong fun and the sesame seeds. it was taken with a dslr camera. i am awed. haha....the taste of the food is as good as how this photo looks. scrumptious and became my breakfast which kept me on-the-go till lunch.
well, lunch was kinda pathetic and i only had a piece of my own birthday cake and some jelly. no big filling feast for me this time around. well, it helps to keep the extra fat at bay.

a bottle of shampoo from 3 gals. see the hello kitties on the pink paper? well, they are traced using pencil. how sweet. since my shampoo is almost finishing, this comes really at the right time.

my choice of outfit for the day. haha....a birthday gal has to make herself feel special right? so i dressed in my new uniqlo linen and cotton blended dress which i got from england. got it at 50% discount and i love it very much. this is my first really plain dress. it is very simple so you definitely need some accessories to lift the dress a bit.

and my choice of accessory is non-other than a tiffany pendant i got for myself as a birthday present this year from london as well. wakakaka.....an excuse to buy myself something. like it??

4 of my colleagues gave me these. i like the storage box very much. i am going to put it on my table and use it immediately because my table is really in a mess.
as for the sharpener, haha....i was really desperate for one few months back and was hoping to get it via some lucky draws. unfortunately i was not lucky in both draws. hence, out of frustration, i went and bought myself a small one. so now i have two sharpeners. well, i can put them in 2 different houses.

well, my stomach is growling now. i also had another piece of cake only for dinner. i did not go out for any dinner because i refused to cancel my class. serves me right eh? well, i am going to sleep now.

it has been a day of 'thank yous' from the moment i wake up till now. a big THANK YOU to everyone who has been a part of my day today, and also yesterday. oh, the earliest sms came on monday from a little boy who had to return to his hostel in victoria institution. he would not be able to use his handphone during weekdays, hence the early message. how cute and adorable.
thank you everyone! your thoughtfulness humbled me. every wish is deeply appreciated. haha....but there is one that was really touching from s jhin. it really moved me.

ok tata now. goodbye 33, hello 34.

3 comments:

That gentleman's lady said...

Happy birthday :) Hope you have a joyous 34!

quin_quin said...

you are welcome...
wait for part 2

escape2 said...

thank you. i am going to be joyous in this 34th year of my life