Monday, July 04, 2011

turning older jinx?

could it be my less than enthusiastic approach to my coming birthday that is jinxing all the plans?

i was really really looking forward to having a great dinner with all my best buddies from primary and secondary school in kl this weekend and we have even selected a restaurant in bangsar.
then came the message this afternoon saying that it is inconvenient to head out because of the rally taking place. ;( so the dinner will have to be postponed and the new date is yet to be decided ;( ;(

my housemate here asked me whether i wanted ice-cream or a cake on my birthday and i answered, 'ice-cream!'. i have been craving for baskin robbins for a few weeks now and she was so happy when i gave that answer as she has the same craving as well. however, as soon as we got down to discussing the time to go, we could not find one time where all 3 of us will be available ;(

i am not willing to cancel my classes on that day just for my birthday. part of me says it is just an ordinary day, but the other part is happy that i will be celebrated on that day.

in the end, my housemate and i decided that they would be buying me a cake on wednesday, a day earlier to celebrate. the thought of eating birthday cakes on my own birthday scares me a bit. you will know how that feels when you have more than 5 on one day.

hmmh....but looking at the situation now and the not-so-good-luck on my side, i guess i have to settle for cakes now. and just last week, i was telling someone aloud that my wish for this year's birthday is just to have ONE cake. well, there will be one on wednesday, and that's for sure.

1 comment:

Kok Wai Mooi said...

Happy birthday in advance escape2 but there will b no escape from turning older really . Anyway revel in the thought that u r getting more beautiful n wiser. Happy birthday once again n may all ur dreams come true 1