Saturday, July 23, 2011

some pampering amidst a busy week

gosh, i had had such a busy week at work that every night, i ended up knackered on the bed, yet i still refused to sleep because i wanted to finish a book called 'sea of poppies' by amitav ghosh, an indian writer. it turned out the book is the first book of a trilogy, and now i can't wait to get my hand on the second book! my brother too!!! checked that it is already out just last week, so i wonder if the bookstores in malaysia already have it. please please let them have it. i wanna continue from where the story stopped while everything is still fresh. but i guess i still have to wait 2 years for the third book after i finish this one because that is how long the gap between the first and second book is. ;(

i will check it at kinokuniya come next sunday ;) isetan is having their sale again!! i should not be shopping, so let's keep the fingers crossed that i won't be shopping on that day and only go there as a driver.

anyway, i dun think there is much for me to check in klcc since i went there just yesterday ;) hahaha....admist all the busy schedule i still can find time to go there on friday after work. amazing huh? the kids cancel the night's class, hence i went down to mulberry to pick up my already stitched back alexa handle which i paid rm65. apparently they only have warranty for one year and it is only for full price product. warranty does not equal to free i guess. they charged me what the bag repair shop charged. so i guess what they did for me was just sending it for repair F.O.C. will be more careful when using the bag now. definitely no heavy stuff.

it was difficult being in the mall just to window shop. it is really not my thing. i was growing restless. so i couldn't help cam-whoring at esprit just to have a shot of myself wearing my new platform wedges which i got from clarks in june. hehehe....the legs look so long....or was it the mirror? i have noticed that mirror in uniqlo makes you look slimmer. haha...so if you wanna feel good about your body, go and check yourself in uniqlo.

a close-up of my wedge. nice huh?? they are stable enough and i did not lose my balance. i walked almost 5 hours in them so of course the sole of my feet felt sore. the cushioning was not that thick for my thin sole.

now to something from overseas. souvenirs from belgium and england, and netherlands and france. wooweee!!!
butter fingers from england and leonidas pralines from belgium. they are the most mouth-watering pralines i have ever tasted! i still salivate at the thought of the chocolate melting in my mouth.
i also got 4 postcards waiting for me! thanks chloe. they are wonderful!!!

well, the high wedges did not make me fall, but my flat sneakers did at proton city park this evening. it drizzled as i was walking briskly and when i reached an area where it was paved by very small stones, it occured in my head that that area was certainly going to be slippery and a fall would not be surprising. and true enough, few seconds later, i slipped and fell on my bum first before i my elbow and palm hit the ground but not my head. it was not a hard slip as there was no sore on my buttock which came into contact with the ground. phew! i guess it is the shoes i was wearing, not running shoes. just plain flat sneakers.

well, hopefully next week will not be as busy as this week. i have been busy taking photos of all the uniform units, societies, teams and clubs. now i only need to sort them out and label them and send them for printing before accepting orders to have them redeveloped. gosh, i can't breath reading about what i have to do!!
and i have to work on this coming saturday!!! aaaah! i guess i won't be having a real break on sunday either when i am spending it at klcc.
psst....burberry has come out with a new lipstick concept called lipmist and i have seen how much creamier it is than normal lipstick. haha....i am planning to get one too. reward to myself lah!!!! hahahaha!

No comments: