Saturday, May 31, 2008

all about books

have i got enuf books to last me a year???





let me see....the trip to the bookfest at kl convention centre yesterday made me rm300 poorer. well, that is quite a reasonable amount since i got 9 books and and 3 photo albums...and i finished reading one book there. hahaha..will get to this.





there are quite many books...english fiction for me to choose from, hence it is easy for me to find them and grab them at the same time. i din bother going into the chinese halls but i heard there are quite many books as well. after all this is the biggest book fair in south east asia.













i finished reading the bridges of madison county by robert james waller there while waiting for my 'entourage' to finish browsing their chinese books. it was by accident that i found the book but it was purely intentional when i decided to pick up the book and finish it there and then. one of the greatest love stories ever and the story still lingers with me. my only regret is i have to browse through the words on the pages quite fast and not have the time to let every word, every phrase and every quote sink in. this is one book i would like to read again in the comfort of my own room without any disturbance. the powerful love felt by the 2 characters really moved me and if i were not in a big exhibition hall, tears would have flowed for their story. actually tears welled in the eyes but din make it out of the eyes at the hall. this is one love story everyone should pick up and it is easy reading as well because it is less than 150 pages.


the nine books i got:

  1. lord of the flies- william golding
  2. me and mr darcy- alexander potter
  3. the no. 1 ladies detective agency- alexander mccall smith
  4. the old man and the sea- ernest hemingway
  5. on chesil beach- ian mcewan
  6. the remains of the day- kazuo ishiguro
  7. middlesex- eugenides
  8. the glass palace- amitav ghosh
  9. vernon god little- dbc pierre

the boxes of photo albums i got as well. love the covers of the albums. and i do develop my digital photos...so yes i need them. but i just have a storing problem at home. well, they make good gifts as well...if i can't finish using them.

off to suria klcc after that. as busy as ever after office hours.

i was supposed to help cousin from germany get the watch on the left, but she replied me too late. she wanted a watch that can tell two times. haha...i picture messaged her when she was still in bed at germany time. by the time she got back to me, i had left parkson pavilion and was in parkson klcc. yes, went to times square to develop photos and checked out jeans at pavilion first. parkson klcc did not carry the model on the left. sigh...so i have to go back to parkson pavilion to get it for her. in germany you will have to pay 90Euro (rm400 plus) for that, here in malaysia, rm368 and 10% discount.

will be off ofr the cancer relay thing in a few hours. hope it is not a disappointment. my legs were aching from one whole day of walking yesterday, luckily we have osim usqueeze. haha...that massage yesterday helps. so i can walk lah...my exercise this holidays.

3 comments:

eMeRLyN said...

so efficient!!!just wondering what time did u write this post.eyy, asking someone to buy the book???

escape2 said...

have to post fast. old already later forget everything.

who wants to buy me the book...hahaha...did i hint?? ;P

Elaine said...

hey cousin, i want the watch on the right, not the one on the left!
i hope u bought me the smaller one:)
thx.