Wednesday, May 28, 2008

relay for life 2008

i have committed myself to a relay walk/run this weekend. it is all in the name of cancer. i did not know anything at all about this event when i got that sms from chailih asking if i was interested to join. my immediate answer was 'yes' because i have a lot of time to spare. then jet saw me surfing and he said he wanted to go too. and jet went and asked wei, wei said, count him in. so now 3 of us are going on saturday.

i questioned the rational of doing it as an over night event because if you want to promoted healthy living, a sleepless night is definitely a no-no on the list right? but when i read that 'cancer never sleeps, and that cancer patients suffer more than 16 hours of sleeplessness' it changed my perception. how selfish i was in thinking of losing my one-night sleep.

hmmh...i like to visualise things to help me prepare better, but i can't for this one. so it is going to be something new.

just keep my fingers crossed that there will be no rain and the vendors there will sell food and drinks at reasonable prices. i better prepare some myself.

so anyone want to pledge support to the event in the form of cash donation?

go to http://www.cancer.org.my/ to know more

No comments: