Saturday, April 10, 2010

my diagnosis...er...his....

my head is still floating but it is heavier now.
i did not drive my car back from bidor this afternoon just in case i feel dizzy again on the highway. instead i got a colleague who is coming back to the same home town to drive for me.
anyway, i went to the doctor already.
he checked my blood pressure. told me to lay on the bed, he knocked my wrist, pressed my neck and told me to swallow saliva at the same time, scratched my soles, checked my ears....and the diagnosis- nerve system imbalance.

these are the pills i got- merislon and prochlorperazine. common pills to treat vertigo. pandai-pandai sendiri go and google.
the answer from: http://www.neurologychannel.com/vertigo/symptoms.shtml
Vertigo, or dizziness, refers to the sensation of spinning (subjective vertigo) or the perception that surrounding objects are moving or spinning (objective vertigo). Some patients describe a feeling of being pulled toward the floor or toward one side of the room.Moving the head, changing position, and turning while lying down often worsen vertigo.
my symptom was being pulled towards the right side lah while jogging.

the doctor also asked me if i slept well....and the answer is no loh.

i wonder what could cause vertigo huh? could it come from bad neck posture or lack of rest?
the weather has been really hot and stuffy and i did not switch on the air-cond to sleep. hence i do not get good sleep. but i have also been dealing with lots of non-stop activities this week.
oh, could those rides at sunway lagoon cause it? i have also spent quite some time in front of the computer and i know my neck is feeling the strain of the bad position. i have also been reading newspapers for 1 hour non-stop almost daily with my head bent down. i have also been very hardworking marking...so that means the head is down most of the time.

well, at least we know it is not anemia lah. i will try my best to get my rest and sleep well these coming few days. tq everyone for your concern.

2 comments:

c2minnie said...

omg vertigo! gal u better take care & be more careful!

escape2 said...

omg...the way you put the exclamation mark! vertigo is very serious ah?? i feel quite 'balanced' these few days already and tell myself not to have sudden head or neck jerking movement