Sunday, April 04, 2010

this week's knick-knacks

my head is not in the right frame of mind to write in organised paragraphs now. blame it on too much 'facebooking'. i am constantly checking my farm and cafe and ppl's posts to nick their items for the barn and cafe. i feel so much like a parasite...sucking benefits from ppl only. i hope i don't do this in real life. someone knock my head hard when i do this ok.

so let's see some random stuff i have this week.

1-
i finally get my sammi cheng limited edition love mi boxset. they released 1000, i think....and i am lucky to get my friend in hk to get it for me. then i am also lucky because kamwei, who works in singapore went to hk that week for meeting and brought it back from hk to singapore. and finally today, kwei is back in tm for qing ming and he finally passed the heavy box to me. he could not even shop in the airport terminal because of the heavy things. sorry... i bought him secret recipe lunch just now to make up. kwei flattened the box to bring all the things back. 2 boxes ah...chinching got hers too.

2-
more things from hk. regent passed these to kwei too and poor him, these are heavier than my sammi boxsets. and sooo fragile. plates, cups, mugs and a panda soft toy.

3-
urghh....my lunch at secret recipe just now. i ordered prawn macaroni and cheese....look at how much oil they put in the dish. i had scooped some off the plate earlier and pour them onto the plate they used as tray. i will remind myself of this photo and not order that dish again. i think i will stick to their tom yum noodles....yum yum. kwei had that. too much calories for one day already. opps...confession. also had a piece of black forest cheese cake. guilty.

4-
dad brought home siew's made fruitcake from melbourne. i thought she would reject my request to make the fruitcake with countless excuses. what a bad sister i am to accuse my sister of that. sorry. the fruitcake this time does not turn out as well as the first time she made it for us. it crumbles because she put too much fruits. and i think there is not enuf rum too. but don't worry, i will finish the cake for you. i think i am the only one at home who is picking the cake. i love all the fruits in the cake. but so far i have only eaten 2 small pieces. slowly lah....there are too many other temptations at home this weekend.

5-
aah....the whole area shrouded in mist at 7a.m. on saturday morning. what the heck was i doing waking up so early on a weekend? well, my class started at 8a.m. that day. ask those crazy kids who chose this time to come to my house. mom, dad and wei woke up much earlier and joined uncle ah soon for qing ming aka all souls' day to go and clean the graves of our greatgrandparents. it is so nice to see so much mist. it proves how clean the air is still in tm and how cool it still can be in the morning in a small town.

6- kamwei asked me, "have you lose weight again?". i answered, "yes." hahahaha....he sees me every month when he comes back, so we can trust his comments lah.

7- chailih gave me a blank but confused look yesterday when he saw me, "why do you cut your hair this way?" oh no, another bad hair review. but i am getting used to that look. sob sob sob! i must have very high self-esteem to stay positive this long with all those confused painful looks or laughs.

8- started reading 'the goddess experience guide' which yunli gave me. one of the thing to do inside is to make a happy list. so i made mine and these are the things that make me happy:
NEW SHOES
INSPIRATIONS WHEN IN THE TOILET ;p
ACCESSORIES
COMMENTS ON BLOG
SMILEY, HAPPY FACES
INQUISITIVE MINDS
GETTING MONEY (WINDFALL!!!)
UNEXPECTED GIFTS
STATIONERY SHOPS

9- the motor of my automatic window of my car has finally ended its life. it is the one on the driver's side. previously, it was throwing tantrums now and then and now finally, it just decided to shut itself and not come down again. phew! imagine if it gave up halfway. there goes 100pounds=rm500++ for a new replacement motor. sob sob

10- oh heartache!!! i was reading today's newspaper when i realised that i could vote for the first time...hulu selangor's reelection! the first time, i was working. the second election, i was on my way to gold coast. now, here comes my chance!! but NOOOO!!!!! i checked on spr website and found that the area i am voting for is behrang, tg malim!!! how can this happen to me? my address on my ic states hulu bernam, selangor!!! I WANT TO VOTE!!!

11- discovered some recommendations on local food in aunt cf friend, daughter's blog. or you can click her blog from the bloglist on the left- the title of her blog is 'our life'. she went on a road trip to melbourne and only ate malay food. so those in melbourne, you guys can go check her blog. there is one mamak kopitiam in qv building. have you guys been there?? good bor??

12- tomorrow is a holiday for me. it is chinese's qing ming celebration so we applied for leave. instead of staying at home, i have plans to go to sunway lagoon. it has been ages so i guess it is time to let those adrenalin loose again. 3 girls are on their way here from bidor to join me. it is their idea to go there anyway. i am only the driver and co-player. hahaha. tonight, am bringing them to 'leong kei' for the famous fried hor fun. i am keeping my fingers crossed that it won't rain tonight and tomorrow.

well, my mini paragraphs are all also quite long kan? tata now. i'm going to watch my amazing race. psstt.... i heard they are coming to penang on the next episode. can't wait for that!!

4 comments:

PengPeng彬彬 said...

you are definitely a hardcore fan (i already knew that from maktab days but gosh 10 years on and you're still as loyal as ever)

i loveeeeeeee the amazing race !!! they don't show it on UK channels but i managed to find it online to watch it... i used to catch every episode of every season !!!!

and i love that list-making idea.... i must make a list like that too tomorrow...

have a fun time at sunway lagoon :)

escape2 said...

how i wish i can join amazing race too. hahaa...u watching the latest season now??

ca't wait to see your list

c2minnie said...

I want my LOVE MI Limited Edition BoxSet!!!! kekekeke can't wait to get it ;-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.