Wednesday, August 15, 2007

reading


Finally, I finished these two books. Well, the first one is not counted because it is just a catalogue of advertisements so I sort of browsed through it.

Let’s talk about the first on the right first. It is a Japanese translated errr..chat room log called ‘train man’. It is quite a popular book in japan and has been made into a few series and movies. I watched one of the produced series when ntv7 or what it 8tv (??) aired it last year. I enjoyed the show and brother told me that they had it in the book form. So I went searching for it. Initially I only found the Chinese version (apparently the book is quite popular) but in the end I found it in mph. the book has been laying around for few months before I had time to finally pick it up. It was weird reading all the compilation of chatroom log and seeing the whole story unfolding. I am not sure if it is based on a real story. But basically the story is about how a geek who saved a few
ladies from a drunkard on a train. They took train man’s (the geek) address because they wanted to send him gift for saving them. Train man received a pair of hermes (!!!) teacups from one of the gals and they started corresponding. The gal was pretty and train man had to start changing his image and think of dating strategies to ‘get into’ the ‘hermes’ heart. He did all these with strategies and suggestions given by the netizens in the chatroom he frequented where he reported the whole incident and brought them along the journey of finding love. It was quite heartwarming to learn that even a geek (who had a huge collection of anime stuff) found love in such a tastefully rich gal. but I guess all this is possible in a book. Life is just so much a fairytale I books.

Ok, moving to the book in the middle. It is lonely planet: Cambodia. Yup, that is my next holiday destination (ok smack your head, I know I have mentioned that a few times :P). been preparing myself for the trip by reading this book. And before going there is already one stupidity discovered. Oh why oh why did I book return flight to phnom penh?? I could have booked one way ticket to phnom penh and then return flight through siam reap!! That would have saved a lot of traveling time to and fro pp and sr. it will take about 4 hours from pp to sr. now I have to spend extra 4 hours traveling back to pp. sigh!! I hope none of the furious tropical storms that had been hitting china, hong kong, India and Nepal will reach us. Flood could be common in this country, who knows. Am growing quite apprehensive about the first and second day I am in pp because I will be there first with my housemate. Yup, only two of us (gulp!). the rest will only join us on the second day in the evening. I want to roam the city on the second day instead of spending the day idling in the hotel lobby doing nothing. I hope it is safe enough and ppl won’t rob us in the broad daylight.

Maybe I am just making a mountain out of a molehill. I am thinking of cycling around the city to soak in the sights and sounds (plus the smoke I am sure). Ppl there start the day early so I want to join the early birds. Anyway, it is better to exercise precautions. Can’t wait. I dun want this trip to be a stressful one. NOOO!!!! Enough of stress. Fyi, the eye twitching is still here but not that frequent now (hmmmm?? Is it?) have started jogging again these few days. Want to be fit to climb the wats in Angkor. Like I am going to some vigorous adventures. Haha…better be safe than sorry. After all, I will only have 1 day to browse through whatever I can. You will know more after I get back. The itenary is still quite a mess.

3 comments:

-ernny- said...

Eh, can you please paragraph your posts next time? It's all such a jumble of text, see also don't feel like reading la!

Anonymous said...

happy holiday !!
hv more fun for ur trip

escape2 said...

okok will try to enter after every paragraph..but this post kinda difficult...just rambling on non-stop only.so everything kinda fits into one paragraph haha