Thursday, October 11, 2007

ting ting in the morning

The first sound I heard when I woke up yesterday was ‘ting ting’. It was a piece of metal falling off me when I got off bed. I switched on the light and checked, but I found nothing. Then I went into the bathroom and again, ‘ting ting’. This time I saw the heart-shaped white gold pendant falling onto the tile. It was my birthday present from some colleagues.
Then I realized the first sound was made by the broken clasp of the pendant. Oh no, how was I going to find such a tiny thing on the floor. I got on all four and searched all corners yet to no avail. So I told myself, ‘leave it. You will soon find it when you least expect.’
How true this is. In the evening, when I got on the bed to do some reading, I lifted my right foot just to have a look ( I did not know what made me do this) and voila, the broken clasp was on my sole! Man, I did not even feel that I had stepped on it.
Haha, life is just so unpredictable and that is what makes it so wonderful. Just make sure the surprises are good ones and not one that is going to make the soul jump out of the body.

No comments: