Sunday, August 31, 2008

a square peg in a round hole?

i hate it when ppl make fun of what i do for a living.
no, my friends will never do that to me. these are new friends of friends whom i meet and are introduced to.
they will gimme a surprised look and then ask, 'why are you doing this? get out and do something else.'
that is when i start to fume inside me.
then they start to tease me, calling me names and changing their tone of voice when speaking to me.
i was made to feel like i am just a lump of worthless earth found on the ground which no one wanted to pick up. why the snide remarks?
does doing what i am doing make me less funky and up to par with you all out there? saying that i am a bad influence for colouring my hair. for attending concerts. blah blah blah
or these ppl think that my place of work is not where i am supposed to be? that i will be better off doing something else and i will definitely make it big out there?
so does that mean only losers do what i am doing?

i do ask them aren't i a normal person who enjoys things that any other person out there can do?
these sort of ppl must not have met many of my sort. how unfortunate for them. well, at least i know i am more broad-minded, and more tolerant of differences in humans and accept them. will never want to put ppl in a mould...although ppl have said that my job is to mould humans. i disagree with that. i dun want to produce robots. i only want ppl to find their own moulds and find their own ways. i would like to think that i am helping them to see things from a different views and along the journey they will enjoy the ups and downs and finally enjoy it when they reach their destinations. after all, i the quirky one can fit in where i am, so what is impossible?

No comments: