Saturday, June 20, 2009

personality eclipse

i have finished reading new moon...as predicted. one day- and i did not put the book down since i got back from work in the afternoon, except when i needed to go for my brisk walk time, dinner and shower. unfortunately, it did not manage to evoke the same kind of intense emotion as in the first book. and i think i know why- edward is missing for the most part. it is the yearning for love, of finding love and experiencing the sharing and the bliss of sharing the new journey in twilight which drew me to it like a gigantic magnet.

does it reflect my own state now?? or the lack of it which makes me cringe everytime edward and bella share their intimacy. the more i read, the more i realise or can feel the void and hollowness in me. i am only human and a vulnerable one at this.

we had to attend a talk at the work place this morning regarding ways to manage stress and healthy eating. there was a warm-up slot where you had to close your eyes and relax and do gestures or small movements instructed. and oh boy, what a 'vision' i had when i close my eyes in my own world. ...............if you can't stand corny stuff....stop reading now.........................................no reward for guessing what came to me. sigh....edward. (muahahahaha) the sound on the microphone told us all to relax, and all i could see was edward. the sound told us to turn our head to the left and right, and i imagined edward breathing onto my neck and throat. the sound told me to put my palms up on my lap and curl my fingers, and i curled mine imagining edward's were in mine. the sound told us to smile, and i did albeit a sad one coming from the realisation that my life is void from the kind of love expressed in the book.

sad huh. this piece seems more suitable in a personal diary but i dun think i want to bottle up this feeling.

i wonder if i would feel the same way if i had read twilight in my teen. well, i had all my lovey dovey doses of mills and boons in secondary school mind you, but it was not the same. why am i feeling this way? i tried to remember the last romance novel i read but i guess they all ended up happily ever after and did not have as much pain as in this one.

well, this kind of melancholy will still be around me for few days no doubt. i have eclipse with me now and breaking dawn is coming on monday. i am just getting online to do some chores and then i will start the book. i won't be able to put it down once i start.

11 comments:

kevtcs182 said...

mmm...speechless. Don't know what to say and how to console. but deeply wished you all the best. :)

c2minnie said...

gal, sometimes it hurts as much to hv that kind of love in life compare to not having it that u wished that u're never in the relationship....*sigh*

escape2 said...

hmmh...c2 i hope that is only meant to console me.
i sincerely wish those who have found their soul mate to really appreciate them to the fullest.

i want to love like i have never loved before....and i guess you have to take the package of pain+love in that.

mu fan cum unfit doc in training said...

i'm really sorry to say this but u seriously have to go and get a REAL man as soon as possible..
all these hallucinations are not doing anyone any good..

escape2 said...

so now my stage is called hallucination???
hmmm...what harm am i doing to others??

kevtcs182 said...

Dance like no one is watching,
Sing like no one is listening,
Love like you've never been hurt,
and live like there is no tomorrow.

mu fan cum unfit doc in training said...

not doing good does not necessarily means doing harm.. right?

escape2 said...

the only person who is harmed at the moment is myself. it is a torture and i am mentally drained.

mu fan cum unfit doc in training said...

it's just as well that u know that.. hope u'll snap out of this whole "thing" sooner rather than later..

p/s not going to use the word "hallucination" again, or any other word for that matter, in case it offends u.. haha..

escape2 said...

am i that easily offended?

mu fan cum unfit doc in training said...

god knows..

and anyway, it was just meant to be a dig at yr response la.. haha..