Friday, March 26, 2010

101=toaster

when you set your sight on something, and all the stars are aligned, you can get what you want even in a lucky draw. hahahhahahhaa

at 7.30p.m. yesterday i saw the gifts for lucky draw in our meeting. on the stage was small stand fan, yoga mat, iron, kettle, etc. the only thing that caught my eye was the toaster. my rented house here could do with a toaster. not that i am that keen on bread nowadays, but sometimes you never know what you crave.

so i began telling everyone that the toaster was mine and they could set their eyes on other things instead. hahaha....yes, i told all my colleagues who bother listening to my silly ramblings. from the front of the hall to the back.

the lucky draw was finally held after 10p.m. and boy oh boy. the first number to be called: 101....yours truly's number. if that is not luck, i dunno what it is lah.
oh i was jumping with joy.

the meeting ended at 10.30p.m. and when i met my neighbours outside the house, there were happy for me too. they heard that i would be moving to the house next door and that would mean we will be separated by one house in the middle. they jokingly said that they would miss me and we would not be able to chat that often. how adorable. they never chat with my other 2 housemates. they even called them stuck-up. i guess i am not hor. so let's give a toast to my friendly neighbours.

4 comments:

Fely said...

Wah!!! How nice is that! The toasted got rack also, boleh toast croissant, if you want lah..hahahah

Why do you have to move to the next house? By choice or landlord's wish?

escape2 said...

the house next door has a covered porch and more space to park 2 cars. i am parking my car there now because the house is till empty. so if they rent to someone, then i dun get to park my car anymore.
i am moving for the sake of my car. hahahhaaa

yi wei said...

really? when?

escape2 said...

when i am moving? i also dunno. still no answer from the new landlord