Tuesday, March 16, 2010

out with the old, in with the new

i am talking about that ancient filling in my tooth if you were wandering what it is.
the visit to the dentist was a pleasant one. the dentist said, 'long time no see'. yeah, then i replied, 'i was supposed to come last year and i din.'
i booked myself for scaling and a check initially, but something with one of the teeth told me that i needed a filling too.
i could feel a chip on one of the lower molars. and i was right. the dentist called it a 'defracture' and told me that the piece of filling should be from my secondary years.
so off that piece came and i got a new filling. luckily it was not as painful as i anticipated. maybe because it was not that deep. i got a protective layer for free....whatever chemical that was.
then it continued with scaling. he actually asked me if i wanted to reschedule as he was concerned about me opening my mouth for another 20 mins. it was the least of my concern...i want to get it over and done with in one session.
scaling was more painful especially when it reached those sensitive parts near the gum. mine would be the lower front. it bleeds sometimes when i brush my teeth.
luckily my stomach was not making any noise....was worried that i would go hungry at that time because i only had my breakfast at 11a.m. today and din have any lunch before i go at 3p.m.
now i am hungry...it is almost 5p.m. i need to find something colourless to eat...something that will not stain my teeth, something that is not too hot and not too cold.
i am thinking of an apple but i need to take it out from the fridge first.

and i have told myself that i am going to jog no matter what later in the evening. so i guess that apple will have to wait. the dark clouds are moving nearer and i am keeping my fingers crossed that it won't pour soon.

so the amount spent at the dentist? rm75 for cleaning, rm65 for filling.
total=rm140. one free toothbrush and 2 tubes of small toothpaste courtesy of colgate.

No comments: