Friday, July 09, 2010

busiest days of the year

this post is purely for my own so that i can document memorable events in my life. so if you are going to think that i am gloating (well, can't help it too) and showing-off, you better stop reading now. i have warned you.
******
******
******
******
******
******


i have had 2 of the busiest days in the entire year. nothing beats these 2 days i think. when asked what my birthday wish for this year was, i answered, a day in a resort and the spa where i can be pampered and relax, free from any stress from work. well, that remains a wish which is not meant to be fulfilled. my birthday celebration is nothing like that and that's because i have lots and lots of kids who remember and thoughtful colleagues and friends too. i can't ask for more.

6 july 2010

i know it is not my birthday yet, but my dear housemate decided to get this for me. she asked me earlier whether i had any plan and i had a feeling she was up to something then.
bless her. she never forgot.

peach cake

let the celebration begin!!!!!

7 july 2010

midnight....toss and turn, toss and turn. woke up in the middle of the night because the face and arms were itchy. something was biting me but i did not find out what it was. washed my face, checked the handphone (24 messages) and forced myself to sleep without reading any message. i needed my rest.

woke up at 6a.m. with dark circles under the eyes. urrghh...groggy. profanities came out of the mouth and could not believe those were the first few words uttered on the day i turned one year older.

reminded myself to start the day with a smile, so all vulgar languages disappeared. read the first batch of messages that came in. a few from colleagues but mostly from the kids. everyone was trying to be the first one to wish me. how cute. would it make a difference if the message came later in the day??

the new timetable at work showed that it was the busiest day of the week. gosh, 6 periods out of 10. only 4 periods to rest.

the first one to switch on the computer at work. at a quarter past seven. checked facebook. 55 posts on walls. unbelievable. facebook brought a new record in term of birthday wishes this year. more than 200 of them! that is a lot for me.

heard 4 birthday songs, versions in mandarin, english and cantonese.

got 2 boxes of chocolate.

the above is from colleague.
this box of lindt pralines is from yeelyn. very nice packaging.


and guess what, a colleague decided to make nasi kerabu that morning in the staff room. my first time eating it and we got live demonstration of him (yes, a he) cutting vegetables so skillfully. rezeki. yummy. finger-licking-good.


the handphone had incoming messages everytime i checked. hahaha.....felt like the busiest person in the whole place that day. everywhere i went i got wishes of happy birthday and from colleagues too. muahahahaha

got 2 cakes at work. here i am with them. my lunch's appetiser.


reached home after two and found something wrapped in yellow a4 paper on the table. my housemate who got back earlier brought it in i am sure. on it was written my name. i ripped the paper off and luckily i saw some writings underneath before i tore the paper into pieces. it was from peimeng. she gave me this hand cream because i showed her a fungal infection (i think) on my little finger the other day when we went jogging. bless her. that was her gift for me. i am glad that she is doing better now. can't wait to see her graduate and become a full-fledge doctor.

in the afternoon, it poured so heavily that i was wondering how the barbecue party tonight was going to be held. yes, i had a barbecue party and i did not have to do anything. no shopping, no organising. aaah.....so free.

delivery- 2 cheese tarts for turning 33 from shyan zhin. they are still in the fridge. no space in the stomach for them yet. breakfast tomorrow??

the kids started coming at 7p.m. and luckily the rain had turned into a drizzle. the barbecue was on. we had the pits under the porch. the kids shoo-ed me away from the kitchen. i did not have to start the fire, i only wandered aimlessly and finally decided to sit down to read the day's paper.

what kind of food did we have???
steamed man tou, cheese, ham, pork chop (the best!!!), chicken wings, hotdogs, meatballs, crab sticks, bread and orange squash. everything was laid on a platter for me fully cooked. i only had to tell them what i wanted..................wait, i did not even have to tell them, everything was brought to me. hahahahaha. i felt like the queen.

they got me 2 cakes. while waiting for the boys to start the fire successfully, we had this chocolate one to fill the already hungry stomaches.
the girls took to playing cup stack-up. one cup for everyone who came.
no time to entertain me. hehe....
aaahh....glorious food

the second cake that night- strawberry. they paid extra rm1.50 just to get that sugar hello kitty.

small present from foosing.
this is the position of the present now- on my work bag. nice place right??? the badge and another grey toy were put there by yours truly to make the bag fun.

ok...continue bbq story......
hence, one hand was picking the food and putting them into my mouth, the other was holding the handphone and texting thank you messages to those who wished me.

the party ended at around 10.30p.m. and they helped me clean up. i would have chopped them if they did not hahaha. but i did the mopping after everyone had left. it was easier with no one in the way. the whole house smelt of smoke but i could no nothing about it.

more messages and i got few phone calls before the day officially ended.but i only called it a night at around 2a.m. after replying every post i got on my facebook. have to show my gratitude and some manners to ppl who think of wishing you right??????? this can of heineken kept me company while i was typing. i downed this big can with the hope that my body won't get heaty from eating those grilled food.

8 july 2010

merentas desa!! or cross-country in english. the day was soooooooo hot and bright and humid!!!! at 4p.m.!!!!
my duty was in the photography department and actually i had nothing to do. all the duties had been assigned to the kids and my hands were free. so what else to do??? run lah with the under 18.
lungs were almost exploding after running for 20 mins. told myself i could not stop but when it reached 30 minutes, i was already searching for shades where i could stop running and only walk. damn, where had all the shades gone to i asked???!!!!

i finished my run in 38 mins 24 seconds and emerged 11 in the category. another double. my brother wished me a good 33-77. still have a long way to catch the first runner, 29 mins plus. i die.

the whole body felt loosened up after the run and it was such joy doing all the stretching exercises and being able to bend and pulled all the muscles and limbs.

but, i could feel all the bones knocking against each other when i did a short netball practice. had a game tomorrow. everything felt so stiff but it was good fun getting the ball into the hoop. so let's hope the good form continues.

7p.m., colleague came to pick me up. destination?? tanjung tualang for seafood dinner with 6 other colleagues. we celebrated 2 birthdays, mine and another colleague whose birthday falls on 11 july.
it took about one hour to reach there from bidor.
food was superb!!!

the night ended at 11p.m. had a very sound sleep thanks to the wine we had. yippee!!! sleep, finally!

9 july 2010

still a few belated wishes coming in through the handphone.

one more cake from the kids in the afternoon. this time cheesecake.
very filling ah!!!! their surprise was not a surprise because i could read their body language that something was being planned in the morning right under my nose. hahaha....
6.30p.m. i was told not to leave my seat and wait for carmen to come. nothing else was mentioned but deep down i knew the girls would plan something for me. i mean, how could they not? haha..okok, but if they did not, i would have many books to mark.

i'm not going to go into the details here about how carmen and yeelyn tried to cheat me out of my house and to leave my keys in the mailbox. then the other girls- quin, yiwei, karen and peirou came to set up all things for a steamboat party. i don't know how but my intuition told me i would have a steamboat today. or maybe they knew what i was thinking too? naaah....they can't read my mind.

another night of glorious food!!! i think i have put on a lot of weight these 3 days alone!! help!!!!
does birthday = eating?
blueberry yoghurt cheese from peirou and brothers. i think both the two brothers tumpang only and peirou did the whole thing kan?? haha......i got all your messages and wishes though.

another birthday cake- black forest. thank goodness the girls could gorge down the cake in minutes. i only had some. really could not take it.
#######
#######
#######
#######
#######
#######

well, it is time to hit the bed if i want to be alert to shoot the netball into its hoop. the district level family day wor. where is mine- i mean my family?? bring your children along, everyone is cordially invited. hmhhh.....
i will take to my heels as soon as my game ends tomorrow. home sweet home.

to everyone- friends, colleagues, boys and girls, cousins, siblings and neighbours- thank you from the bottom of my heart. i am touched by all your well-wishes and foods and gifts. thank you.

2 comments:

mu fan cum unfit doc in training said...

hey!! how could u say something like that? all 3 of us made it together la!! seriously!!
or is it so good until u cannot believe that i had a hand in making it? haha..
anyway, hope u liked it.. =)

escape2 said...

you are right!! it is too good that i doubted your share of help in making it. hahaha....everyone said it was delish!!!

so now can make more lah.