Saturday, July 17, 2010

more pressies

parcels from overseas this week.

the first one is from dear quincy in taiwan who helped me to get sammi's latest mandarin album. i heard this version is already sold out even in malaysia, so thank god i got mine.
but i was quite surprised to see its size. i was expecting something bigger and thicker.
haven't played the cd yet. can't find the time but i have heard a few good songs and i expect the same for the rest of the album. sammi's effort this time is bearing fruit. i guess when you are doing something from the heart, it will be appreaciated. oh, the songs are her version of gospel music fyi.
another parcel came from yunli in england. she always makes sure i get something for my birthday and i try my best to send her something too. but sometimes it is hard to get her things which she will find useful. so this time, i sent her a book by amir muhammad and luckily he is one of her favourite writers. phew! haha....of course i know she loves malaysian authors before hand.

now what did she get me??
paperchase has got to be one of my favourite stores in england. anything from this store and you have got me as soon as i see the label. my favourite stationery store!!! go click on the link and expore what they have. i am sure you will fall in love with the store too.

oh, she got me a passport holder. so now my passport has a jacket and not naked anymore hahaha. very useful indeed. clever choice!

i tried flying-fox for the first time today. the flight was a very short one and there was not an ounce of excitement at all. i was only worried if i held my hands correctly and my position. wished it could be longer. i think it was only about 10m plus. haiz.

my brother is going on a more adventurous journey this tuesday. he is going to conquer mount kinabalu in sabah again. yup, it is his second time. they are going to try the mesilau trail this time if i am not wrong. it is a much steeper and longer one. urrghh...i can imagine all the muscles crying for help already. he has started buying batteries for the torch light and headlights. so hope nothing goes wrong in his trip.

in the meantime, both of us are going to enjoy the durians dad bought today. my stomach is already bloating. the appetite seems to have grown because of too much eating during the birthday week. i need to make it small again but i feel hungry all the time. sob sob sob.

No comments: