Sunday, January 22, 2012

good bye rabbit...welcome dragon

it is the chinese new year eve or the last day in the year of the rabbit and there are 2 main meals to look forward to on this day.

first, is the prayer to the ancestors in the noon.

grandma made sure everyone offered their prayer and burnt their joss sticks before she did hers.

she is frail today but better than yesterday. she only vomitted in the morning. she did not eat much the whole day but she took sips of soup and some cereals.

the second meal which is the most important meal for chinese new year is the reunion dinner meal.

there were 14 of us at the table this year and almost everything served was finished. some even had to stand to eat because the table was really tight.

well, there was not that much food eh? grandma had some rice and fish with soup but that was all.

2 hours later, after they had put her to bed, she called for food. aunt cook some mee suah for her. now she is back on her bed. hope she will get some energy for tomorrow. there was hardly a smile on her face today. seeing her made me lose all my mood for the new year.

however, i did something to get that festive spirit in the house...and i have some minions to help me get it done hahaha.....

my job was stringing all the red packets while my brother and cousins hung them outside. so this is the result:

i think dad's car fit into the scene really well too.


everyone who saw the red packets hanging from the passion fruit vines said they were really nice. ahem ahem....my idea mah. lol

i strung so many red packets that my brother got fed-up of hanging them and he put 2 here:

one went to beanie ;) so cute eh?

and this was brother's revenge on me- my car. let the luck be with my car then. huat ah!!!

so here's wishing everyone a good year of the water dragon. may the year be filled with all things good and you will have success, prosperity, wealth and health....and everything else you want.

No comments: