Friday, April 06, 2012

t.g.i.f.

never have i agreed more with Thanks God It's Friday. what a welcome it is today.

sitting here at home now, listening to the thunder and feeling the wind blowing through the opened window, it is really a bliss.

the house is really quiet with nary a sound and there is only occasional sniffing from my grandpa. his nose is slightly blocked but that is better than listening to his wheezing cough. he had a fall last weekend when his legs just gave way as he stood up and suffered cuts on his arms. a patch of his already thin upper arm skin was cut but it is slowly mending now. everytime i do the novel with the kids and it talks about 'granda' (catch us if you can), my mind will fleet back to my grandpa and wonder how he is doing at home at that moment. my grandpa cuts such a forlorn figure in my head. well, i guess i will just 'watch' him as much as i can, silently, when i am back every weekend. he hardly does any talking at all except when he makes requests.

i heave a sigh of relief as i leave all my work from monday to friday behind and get this afternoon free from the kids. if you have followed my blog these few weeks, you would have noticed that i hardly update during weekdays. one, work schedule is really hectic. two, when i have time to blog after work hours, i feel reluctant to use my broadband since it comes with a limit. using the broadband quota for cafe world is more important. hahaha.

am going to check the pc later if episodes of amazing race and gossip girls have finished downloading. i have finished the day's paper and will start marking a few books later.

i even have time to do e-purchase just now. shhhh.....let me wait till i get an e-mail confirming my purchase, then i will reveal my item. if the transaction is successful, i still won't be able to see the item till the next few months because it will be shipped to germany anyway. i will just have to be content with the photo and the idea of owning one piece of art. hahaha.....can you guess what i got??

everyone in the family now is counting down to the days my sis will finally pop the oven. wow, i am going to be an aunt. still hard to believe. it is going to be a matter of few days or 1 or 2 weeks now. fingers crossed, hope everything will go smoothly for her.

am looking forward to my lunch date with some kids here who got their spm results this year. they are going to buy me pizza. what a coincidence. i have this yearning for pizza this whole week and when it is decided that we are going to pizza hut, i told myself, 'this is better than nothing'.
just this morning, i felt so 'hurt' when i heard from one of my colleagues that one of the kids called all his ex-teachers including those from primary school for dinner last week for his good spm results. 'weren't you invited?' my colleague asked. ouch.

well, i am not going to think about it but look forward to the great time i will have tomorrow instead and enjoy the serenity i feel when i am home. you can look forward to a few more posts too since it is the weekend.

have a good weekend.

No comments: