Sunday, April 29, 2012

yellow fever

it is definitely a yellow day yesterday, literally and figuratively.

first of all, yellow seemed to be the modus operandi for me and for thousands of those who joined the what was supposed to be a silent protest in the city centre.

i need to clarify that i am apolitical. i did not choose yellow because of the planned protest. i am more keen to prune myself and to project my taste for clothings and my mood. colour blocking is still quite strong in me and colours definitely have a strong presence in my wardrobe.
and so yesterday i was all decked in yellow from my bag to my shoes and my nails. the rest of the outfit was in black and grey- black shorts and black watch and a plain grey tee. yellow was the chosen colour because of that pair of reebok shoes. i just wanted to be funky and stand out. yah, i know, i seek attention. well, that is what one has to do in the sea of young faces. ;)

that yellow nail? well, that bottle of nail polish was the only one i had at home and the colour matches the shoes and bag to a T don't you think?

the bag, oh how i love my BV. it is the lightest bag one can get and the lamb skin is just so soft. and it also goes with the shoes. and voila,  you have that 3 yellow 'items' on me.

well, things turned out fine for me but unfortunately the protest in kl did not. i felt nausea watching some of the videos of the violent events that marred the good intention protest.

i am not against peaceful protest. sit and shout all you want but please, no harmful acts. it makes me ponder whether we malaysians are mature enough to protest in a rational and calm state. the pen is mightier than the sword in this case. my heart goes to those who are innocently injured but definitely not to those who created chaos and joined the protest just for the sake of protesting and not understanding the cause.

ok....and the yellow streak continued in the house last night when we got news that my sis was in the midst of contractions in australia and was already admitted to the hospital. i guess this yellow here represented the 'huat' (luck).

we were on facetime live from the hospital near midnight and my sis was taking in laughing gas to ease the pain. unfortunately, she was not laughing despite all the gulps of air she took in. why didn't it have that effect despite the name?? will we be laughing like hyena if we take in the gas??? i would really like to know.

so we were live for  almost one hour or more than that till her doctor came in to check on her and said no-no to being broadcast while she was on duty. hence, it was goodbye past midnight our time and 2 plus her time and i went to bed.

and this morning when i woke up, i am officially an aunt, my mom becomes a grandma and my grandfather becomes a great-grandfather.

poor sis was in pain for more than 12 hours. that boy is really a stubborn one. but he sure is a bundle of joy. he looks so handsome right? hahaha....he is pretty.

i guess they are in a celebratory mode over there and once visiting hours start, the relatives will be coming in. can't wait to see more photos from them. it will be baby this and baby that for this week.

pssst.....mom cried when she first saw the baby on facebook as soon as i switched on the computer in the morning.

hope my sis can recover well and everyone will be hale and hearty over there. your work has just begun.

2 comments:

PengPeng彬彬 said...

Congratulations Aunt and the rest of the family :)

escape2 said...

thank you peng peng