Monday, June 03, 2013

a gloomy and cloudy day to hibernate

today it was about hibernating....one of the things i have decided when i planned my holiday in australia in winter.
the weather was gloomy and cloudy and slightly wet. so it was quite cold....well, i feel cold. i guess i am just not used to it. hence, i did not feel like doing anything. even after waking up, i refused to get out of bed and stick around under the warm duvets  until the nephew needed my attention.

however, i did get out of the house for a short walk in the afternoon to go to my brother in law's workplace. the walk was pleasant with lots of park along the way.
the path that we took used to be a railway line.

this sign could be seen on the pedestrian path. and there were dogs and bicycles and an old lady on walking stick along the way. and oh, groups of students doing their training. how i envy them to be running in such fit condition.  i wonder when i will be able to start my own jog. i am very low in confidence at the moment to do any jog or bending of the knee. hope things will get better. well, so far so good. there is no pain in the knee although i do not do those exercises suggested. those exercises are always at the back of my mind, i just have to make sure that push myself to do it i guess. haha.

so we hung around at the cafe and i got my cup of latte.
it is coffee and coffee and coffee everyday here in aussie. i am not complaining.

water anyone? another bloody water. haha....love the tongue-in-cheek label. makes you buy or not buy?

and back in the house, i had a better time with my nephew. i know the trick now. just give him food and he will stick to me like a fly. wahahaha...
and cuddling him makes me feel warm. will be using this trick for the rest of my stay....well, not many days left anyway.

No comments: