Monday, May 24, 2010

time saved, money spent

ok...if you had read the previous post and are expecting news of my progress......you will be disappointed. there is nothing to share still. wednesday should be the day. there is nothing to be fearful of as of today.

but let us go to this morning.........

woke up at 5.40a.m. and left the house at 6.20a.m.
first destination, hukm.....initially that was supposed to be the only destination!!!
we reached jalan loke yew at around 7 plus. the sights were familiar but there are additions here and there. and the roundabout which would lead you to hukm and maktab perguruan ilmu khas has changed. there is now an underpass straight from jln loke yew to right in front of the maktab. no more being stuck in the roundabout.

we reached hukm at 7.31a.m.....the time stated on the parking ticket. i was directed into pusat perubatan 2 and i told the nurse on duty there my condition.

here is what she told me: leave my referral letter with them, and my information(name, phone, ic) and they will get back to me within 3 weeks with an appointment date.
and if i don't hear from them within the time stated, i should make a call to a number given to enquire.

so what would you do?? i left the letter and my infor with them and i told dad, let's go to sime darby medical centre.
the place was already very crowded and dad likened it to a morning market. there were already about 30 plus patients waiting with their letters and appointments.
i gave up. money is not as important as time. sdmc is my plan b.

and so we went ahead with plan b and found our way into kesas highway which brought us to subang jaya. i reached the neurologist's office at 9a.m. the nurse told me that doctor would be there at around 10a.m.....but you know lah....they always give you the earliest time.

we waited till 10.30a.m. before i saw the doctor walked in.
doc ng was his name. he was a very patient and helpful man....explaining everything to me.

and as usual, there were some tests lah. he told me to lie on the bed, use my forefingers to touch my nose, scratch my soles, hit my elbows, and check the eyes to see whether the nerves are really swollen.

but of course his eye examination could not be as detailed as the one the opthalmologist did the other day because my pupils were not dilated this time and he only used a handheld equipment to run the test.

the doc said something about the back of my eye being slightly whitish....well, i dunno what that means really. he said the nerves were not bleeding so that was not serious. he went on to list down the possible reasons for the whitishness. one is i am born with it. hypertension is out because my blood pressure is normal and we don't have family history of hypertension. another possible reason would be a tumour....that is the worst case scenario which i did not mention in the previous post. another one is infection on the cerebrospinal fluid which is the fluid covering the brain. he got me to read some letters on a card and we ruled out the infection because i could read all the fine prints. so a lumbar puncture to get the fluid is not necessary.

actually it was just like a normal chat with a little consultation kan??? i am to return on wednesday for mri scan. it was full today and they couldn't fit me in. so the next available one is on wednesday. that should give them more detailed reading of my head i guess. he asked me if i wanted to go to the one in ipoh because i told him i work in bidor. but then he also said that the reading in the centre here would be clearer. different machine i guess.
how much would that cost? rm1300. WAAAHHAHAHA!!! my pocket money to china....half of my month's salary too.

the doctor's consultation fee today is rm185 and i did not get any medication. he did ask me if i want any painkillers......no thank you.

so that was my morning. there went my hope in the government. why can't they subsidise our medic fee at private hospitals since they cannot meet the demand?

well, time for lunch now. have to go to the pc repair shop. the cpu has decided to die again. i can't switch it off. when i press the power button of the cpu, all i hear is beeping sound. same old illness. luckily i have my notebook.
waiting for dad to come home too because i want to show him a hotel i found in shanghai which can fit 3 in a room with 1 single bed and 1 double bed. and it is at a very reasonable price.

thanks everyone for your well-wishes. will update again on wednesday.

p/s: the medical information given by yours truly might not be totally accurate.....u know lah, hear some dun hear some. so don't go and quote me ah.

2 comments:

qahina said...

Babe, sorry to read abt this - wish you get well and comfy soon. Take care! :)
(I laughed at part where "Rm1300 gone my pocket money to china) LOL If u'd managed to think of travel that means ur still well actaully! ) ha ha

escape2 said...

well babe,
what is life without a bit of humour. the cup is always half full for me