Saturday, April 30, 2011

wedding of the century??

how many of you became a royal coach potato like me yesterday?? raise your hand. ;)

well, for once in many months, i stayed in front of the tv for almost 5 hours watching prince william wed kate middleton and dreaming of walking through the streets of london come june. wooohoo!!! the coverage gave a good tour from all angles from the city to some of the must-visit sites. do i still need to go there? haha....well, i must go into Westminster abbey, that's for sure. i don't remember passing there before when i was there, so this is a must-visit this time around. and the interior was just awesome!

image from abc news

love love love the wedding gown and the tiara. everything was so subtle yet exuded class and glamour. love the neckline. it is a strapless gown and it is not with the lace covering. brilliant! conservative enough yet sexy at the same time. and of course, the bride was so pretty that she could pull off any gown thrown at her. they look so good together. and her radiant smile. makes me wanna go and bleach my teeth too ;)

the abbey was so colourful with all the invited guests turning up in their best frocks and hats! wow, the hats was a sight to behold. i had fun scrutinizing the different made and colours and designs that i almost fell dizzy.

but the best dressed in my opinion is none other than her majesty queen elizabeth. she won hands-down! she always looked so impeccable and right for the occasion. the colour suited her so much! way to go your majesty!

well, my time in front of the tv had to be cut short at 8p.m. because the kids had come but i was not going to miss the famous balcony scene, was i? so thank goodness for the wide media coverage on all platforms. i tuned to youtube on the notebook and voila, the scene from outside buckingham palace was beamed for all of us to watch. and everyone of us saw the kissing scenes, yes, it happened twice kan? mom stopped in her track to watch with us too. the tv at that time was controlled by granpa who could not miss his daily nightly news. aaaaaaa.....a flawless wedding.

it was a beautiful wedding don't you agree? the weather stayed cloudy the whole morning although rain was forecast. there was a short moment of sunlight too. made me can't wait to get there now. i just hope the weather will not be that chilly as what i saw on tv. saw almost everyone still in thick spring jackets and sweaters. that is the unpredictable british weather i guess. i will be closely watching the weather from now on.

i am going to be all summery and all dressy when i am in paris and london. i will bring all my dresses and shorts!! i don't care when my colleagues gave me strange looks when they heard that i am going to wear dresses this holiday! what is wrong with wearing dresses? they are just going to be in plain trousers and tees. no way!!! i will have fun dressing up instead!!! oooohhh, if only i can walk in flats and nice shoes too!
so i got this 'vintage' dress from the closet just to get that excitement of dressing up ;P
this dress is perfect! perfectly cut as if made for me! this actually was my aunt's and she wore it in her twenties. so it is definitely a vintage right?? i don't have to iron it and the green is so right for this colour-block season. the legging (the one above is from uniqlo) or a pair of hosiery is a must with the dress because it is oh-so-short!

hence, the search for hosiery brought me to asos.com, a uk based website which ships free worldwide regardless of how much you spend!!!! woohoo!! i have tried looking for bright hosiery when i went to ipoh last week, but all they had was black! urrgghh so dull!
yes, i have ordered the pair of hosiery in the picture above for 12 pounds. haha... i wonder if i will even get to wear it when i am in london. what if the heatwave decides to attack suddenly? then it will mean another pair of new hosiery waiting to be used in the wardrobe ;)

can you feel my excitement??? i am looking for more euros!! the exchange rate is not that favourable now. i wanna shop in paris! i dun wanna use my credit card because that would mean losing count of how much i am spending and that will be disastrous when i get back!

so is anyone coming back from europe and want to exchange euro to ringgit???? contact me!

5 comments:

qahina said...

yes, I totally agree with you. Kate's dress was so fabulous and exquisite - transcend across all cultures I must say! She's so smart with her choices! he he
And your green dress is fabulous too. I would give a Gucci bag for that! ha ha ha.. Hey, it's a vacation, who wants to dress in tees and jeans??? Dress is best so pack up all the frilly ones ya!
Ur so lucky you have great legs to wear those leggings with! I look like a teapot in it! hahahah. Take care love!

escape2 said...

you like a teapot? no way. you just put on a pair of leggings and a pair of your killer heels, your legs would look sooo long! you will rock it! my legs are stubbier than yours.
i am definitely keeping the dress. i dun like gucci ;P

Kok Wai Mooi said...

I for once became a couch poatao in so many years ! I watched tv7 from 3pm to 8.30 even having dinner in front of the tv ! Luckily my hubby tolerated that ! I even forsake my facebook,email n ur blog the whole day . I didn't want to miss any part of it really !Ya the couple was gorgeous n the wedding gown was simple yet elegant !Ya I was fascinated by those varied fanciful hats but I was more taken aback by the handsome Beckham n the stylish Victoria Posh . Oh I really can't wait to see u in those nice dresses n stylish hosiery scaling the streets of Paris n walking down the aisle in the awesome interior of Westminster abbey in ur heels ! I m actually as excited as u if not more.Allow me to follow u throughout ur entire endeavour ! of coures thru ur blog he he! Too bad my friend has not come back from Holland yet n i dunno when.

escape2 said...

waa pn kok. your hubby is really the most tolerant ever! hahaha...we are suckers for a romantic fairy tale i guess. well, i thought victoria was a bit 'dark' for the wedding, but beckham was a dapper.
i wish i can wear heels to strut the streets of paris and london ;( my soles will not be able to tolerate it. so it will be flats and sneakers most prob. how sad.
oh, ya hor...your friend from holland. do tell me if she is coming back before i leave.

Kok Wai Mooi said...

Sorry escape2 my friend from Holland just came back for the CNY holidays in February .I don't think he 'll be back again so soon definitely not before u leave !