Sunday, January 17, 2010

letters and cards....and bills

is sending festive card archaic or on its way to extinction in this new decade??
what is wrong with buying and sending cards? i love getting things in the post.

during my school days, i would always wait for letters from pen-pals from around the world. it is always a joy to see and read about their lives.
then as i became financially independent, there were always junk mail and catalogues to look forward to. haha...yup, browsing through catalogues is fun but one needs to have strong will too at the same time.

now, there is no more catalogues and letters from penpals. all catalogues are browsed online in the name of greening the earth. penpals? well, have lost touch with most of them and those who i am still keeping in touch with, we always do it via e-mail of course.

so what is left in the post? postcards from postcrossing and bills.
however, on some special occassions, there are some cards from those special ppl who remember you. the last time i got cards was during christmas...from sfong, regent and audrey. audrey even put a few family photos in the card. that was so sweet.

my favourite time to receive cards is still on my birthday. but last year, i only got it from my insurance agent and my siblings in australia. well, i think i better send out some birthday cards to ppl too hor. first thing to do is to update the address book. i have got a few addresses from facebook after i sent out mails asking for them. the next thing to do is to get birthday cards ready in the drawer so whenever one comes, i have a card handy.
so if you want to get a card from me, you better forward your latest address to me.

i am off to get those addresses on the red envelopes now.

4 comments:

Fely said...

You know, in the UK, everyone still send cards for all sorts of occasions. Maybe a bit too much because if you jemput people to come to your house pun, they'll send you a thank you card in the post. Ok lah, tapi these things do add up, although receiving them in the post is really nice. But my mum said there aren't many cards sold in the shops in Sandakan, which is why they don't send us cards very often. E cards and emails are the norm.
Funny also kan, here too much and in some places almost pupus already the culture.

Giovanni said...

You leave your address to me first la..
I want to send you a card first..
I believe the feeling of receiving a card is nice..

escape2 said...

go to fb in my newsfeed ;P tq ah

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real income.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]