Saturday, December 15, 2012

new phone....new headaches

another big purchase has already been made....this will be the final one for this year.
i am serious.

all the waiting, the anticipation, the speculations, the guessings..... all ended yesterday, 14 december 2012.

yeah, the iphone 5 is finally here in malaysian shores after the rest of the world have got them like for almost half a year. how pitiful.
only one telco is offering at the moment and it is none other than maxis, my service provider. phew! i will be pulling my hair if i had to wait again.

i did not go to queue like many who waited for the clock to strike 12 midnight to purchase their phone together with the value plan. i heard the queue was about a few kilometres at klcc.
but of course those in the queue were feted with an apple and a t-shirt for their patience and dedication and their fanatism. haha....

me? i only waited at home for that one phone call to come saying 'your phone is here'. well, it came at 2p.m. and off i went to town to get it. no waiting, no losing sleep, no queue. the privilege of having a friend and having booked waaayyyyy earlier.....and also paying for the phone in cash earlier.
so here is my black baby. no white one for me.
the black appeals to me this time around. and i have received advice from those who use white iphones not to get the one in white because of its higher maintenance.
since i am such an untidy person and i have such sweaty palms and i use the red pens all the time, i am bound to smudge the white surface.

it is still trial and error with the phone. yesterday, i was just typing in all my contacts into the notebook so that i can transfer them into icloud, then via icloud, i could get all my contacts into my iphone. that was such a long process since i have almost 500 contacts to add!! torture!! but finally it was done and that too...i needed some help and tutorial from friends who use iphone and icloud.
gosh...i am so glad i have ppl who can readily answer my questions...haha...i just hope that they won't get frustrated with my endless dumb questions.
i think i need an iphone for beginners book.

today, was trying to sync my phone to the notebook, but still having some problems to do it via bluetooth. i will give it a pass for now. been meddling with the phone for too long dy....tired.

the phone is still naked now. without any screen protector, although it is unnecessary. there is no casing for the phone either at the moment. the phone is just covered by all my sweaty finger prints.

oh, don't worry, i have started shopping for my casings...haha...now i have another thing to shop for. how many casings can one have???
 
see the two boxes in front of the macbook in this photo??  well, these are 2 ultra slim casings i have ordered from spigen....well, a friend helped me to order them and got them sent to his address in the USA. he helped me save on the shipping cost. i will most probably get them by new year. it comes with free protective screen sheet too. so i dun have to buy extra.
spigen's casings have received lots of good reviews, hence i bought them without any doubts.

in the meantime, i am also waiting for the postman to come. hik hik hik......my new baby needs his jacket fast!!!

No comments: