Friday, August 07, 2009

computer attack

ok..my fear and distress in the previous posts have all been forgotten now....err..almost lah.

my brother in australia told me a shortcut to make my cpu forget all about the problems and restart anew. he told me to unplug the power plug from the cpu which i did and yippee...i managed to run the cpu again. however, there is an error message which came up. i just left it at that. now the pc is being defragmented and it can take hours. i am not a computer wizard so i dun really know the whole business of defragmenting. it is supposed to improve the whole system performance. i am keeping my fingers crossed that when i check the pc the next morning, it will be in tip-top condition.
but it might be a sign that i need to do some cleaning on the inside of the cpu. it has not been cleaned since i bought it.

ok on to another matter now. i went to pizza hut to collect my cash voucher. i was running errands around town, so what the heck, why waste rm5. after all i can always give it to someone else. it is valid for one year. keep as a 'souvenir' also not a bad idea.
and i saw the same shift manager who served me last week. hmmh...menyampah. she saw me also macam din see me. apatah lagi when she knew the reason i was there. only the chap who gave me the coupon was really apologetic and he apologised. but you know what, they din ask for my name or id to see that i am that person. i just said i was there to see the manager about some coupon business and was told to do so by so-and-so from the headoffice. the manager was out, so this chap layan me and i guess he called the headoffice. next time i can pretend again lah. hahahah...i din have to sign anything.

ok more postcards this week. granma is astonished why i keep getting postcards. but i think she is enjoying seeing the postcards too lah. they do come from all over the world.
from china, the sender works in the forestry bureau in fujian.

this is from japan.

the postcard says it all. do they really have such a big troop for the changing of guard? and the band??? i din see this when i was there. seeing this postcard brings me back to that almost one year in england again. gosh, it was good to earn some pounds.

3 comments:

Miss Mathew said...

R u sure d voucher is valid for 1 year? I thought itz printed thr valid for 1 month frm date of issue :)

escape2 said...

ooopppss...u are right. sooo blind....
hmmh....who is going to buy me a pizza now??

Betty said...

lol...