Friday, August 26, 2011

all dried up

i can declare myself broke now. i have just signed away a macbook air!! waaa!!!
all in the name of saving for the future.....for retirement sake. sob sob sob.

what to do? i cannot invest in share because i am not familiar with the share market. i cannot buy property because i don't even have enough money for any deposit. so in the end, i signed-up for a saving plan with an insurance company and at the same time i 'gifted' a little commission to the agent loh.

sigh....so till the next pay day, don't mention the word 'shopping' in front of me. there will be no such activity. hmmhh....i think i will have to tie my hands and make my credit card invisible till the end of the year. so when will i get my mac????

the thought of buying some baskin robbins tubs of icecream to snack during this one-week break is also dashed. no snacks from outside except the cakes, paus and biscuits my aunt makes at home. and oh, some raya kuih if i go house visiting.

and buy buy also to that book i wanted to buy. but i can hear my brother scolding me, 'finish what you have first lah. why still want to add to the un-read book list?" well, this time, i am definitely heeding his advice.

oh and that planned splurge on a box of starbucks premium mooncake featuring- tiramisu, caramel machiatto, hazelnut latte and greentea chocolate??? eat lah the red bean mooncake from pasar malam now.

will use this one week to wallow in this state and prepare myself mentally and spiritually from temptations which are yet to come. wakakaka.....

so in the meantime, if anyone wants to offer me treats, it will be enthusiastically welcome with open arms. ;)

and if the treats come with special love poured in just for me, it will be sincerely appreciated, just like this cup of special tiramisu sent to my house yesterday.

with the hello kitty sitting atop the layer of cake, it is hard not to deny that this is made specially for me right??? muahaha....and gosh, it was good!!!! was so so so full that night. my mouth is still watery thinking about the taste. boy was i savouring every bite and only finished it after half an hour.
see the layer of cream there? heaven.

so if you have any freebies, remember to think of me ah? saving mode in full gear- starts now.

2 comments:

Kok Wai Mooi said...

Ha ha gal don't talk about retirement anymore. U're far from it! I wonder how much a macbook cost that can make u broke?!Or just broke for a month eh ? That's better!I'm sure u won't b rid of temptations come tis long week of 9 long days !

escape2 said...

aiyoh....isn't it good to plan ahead?? i might need money to admit myself into an old folks home next time ;)
haha....the macbook that i want is 4k. so now i have to start saving again from zero and leave some extra money in the bank too for rainy days ;(