Wednesday, August 17, 2011

humbling and cleansing morning

good morning. it is now 10.18a.m. and i have actually been awake since 7.30 a.m. yes, it is a public holiday here- nuzul al-quran, so why do i need to wake up so early?
if not for the brake that i put last week, i might have to wake up even earlier. the kids wanted to come at 7a.m. for their class. are they nuts?? i managed to push it to 8a.m. but haiz.....i was still woken up by their 'good morning' calls outside the gate at 7.30a.m. sharp! talking about eager-beavers. i had just finished brushing my teeth when i heard bicycles screeching in front. so the morning started.
of course, i had breakfast and newspaper delivered by them as well this morning. muahahaha.
it is time for a break now. i know kl has no holiday today, so those ppl going shopping in kl should have fun. but i bet those going back to pj and subang after office hour will have helluva time. my housemate has gone to kl with her colleague too for some shopping. clever choice.
my cafe world addiction now is kinda getting out of hand. someone called me a 'maniac'. i guess i am. i plotted ways on how to finish goals and missions faster. i borrowed computers so i can collect and cook my dishes the whole day. heck, i am even thinking of buying the macbook air as soon as possible.
but phew, something stopped me from whipping out my credit card.
i read another article by mr warren buffett in the newspaper and that halted my plan for a while. i am humbled by this man also known as the 'oracle of omaha'. he has a lot for us to learn from and i put my feet back on the ground just thinking about his way of life.
so the purchase of the notebook will just have to wait a little while longer ....till i have sufficient amount of saving which will not make me feel guilty to splurge on such an extravagant notebook. i am definitely not living within my means with that purchase, so i have to justify it by having a substanstial amount of saving in the account first. i am my worst enemy. so mr warren buffett is the sound of rational 'investment' in my head now.
well, have to sign-off now. time to collect the dishes in my cafe. ;)
hope you have a relaxing day this public holiday. i am going to do some tidying and cleaning in the room later. it cleanses the soul as well.

No comments: