Saturday, December 10, 2011

parcel 1

my anxiety is finally over today. yipppeee!!!

the day started badly with me waking up all groggy because i did not get my sleep. it was hot and at 1a.m. i was still awake. when morning prayers came from the mosque behind the housing area, i could also hear it. but i fell asleep right again. and this morning, it was not the dog's barking that was waking me up, it was the sermon from the mosque. oh gosh, did he stop talking since the morning prayer time????

i even brought the wrong amount of money to buy my newspaper, rm1.20 instead of rm1.50 and had to make a u-turn. i was that half-awake.

luckily grandfather was ok already after his sleep. he had his breakfast as usual. grandma said her hip was not as painful anymore. phew.

postman came bearing letters but no parcel. i was sad when i checked the postbox.

but, while i was having a class at around 1p.m., a loud honk of a van came from outside. i leapt out of my seat and saw pos malaysia's van outside. yippee!!! i knew my parcel had arrived then. kakaka....it was sent all the way from kl.

i was not taxed for the good i bought from the uk. phew. was keeping my fingers crossed there. it was released by the custom on 7 december and arrived at my doorstep 3 days later. quite efficient.

so i have now got myself a pair of boots and a satchel. both bought at a discounted rate at www.asos.com
heard of this brand??
my pair of suede boots with shearling lining. i can't afford to get the real thing from ugg, hence i got the next best thing. ugg is too expensive for me since i am not going to wear the pair of boots too much. it will be a waste spending so much money on something i am going to wear maybe once a year.

the rocketdog boots cost me 36 pounds after discount. i think it is cheap.

it is really warm. luckily my uk size 6 is never wrong. and i can wear the boots outside my jeans since the top is wide enough for that. woohoo....my pair of walking boots come end of this month in korea. kakaka.....yes, i bought this pair of shoes with the sole intention of wearing it in korea. i hope it won't be too flat for the arch and heel.
the shearling lining inside. well, definitely not as lush and thick as the ones in ugg boots, but this is better than nothing.

next up- cambridge company satchel 11 inch in cracked leather and fluorescent pink.
what do you think of the pink? sharp eh? i like the design of the bag a lot! as for the cracked leather, my mother would be grumbling why in the world would i pay to buy something that is scratched and peeling and cracked. haha....

well, i just like the grunge look the bag brings.

see the cracks?? i don't mind the cracks actually, i only hate the falling small pieces of cracks. gosh, it is so irritating. one reason why the cracks don't stay is because the leather is not that supple nor soft. and i have to unbuckle every time i have to take something from inside the bag. ouch. i wish they have hidden magnetic clasp too. i wonder how long the straps will last if i keep unbuckling.
i choose asos to order the bag because cambridge company satchel has colours exclusive to asos only. gosh, they have one in metallic pink now and i am in love with it.

only 2 compartments. simple enough.

the bag comes with a long adjustable shoulder strap too.

so these are the purchases i have been waiting for.

and last week, i told myself that i was going to make another purchase once this parcel came. and hahaha....i did!!!i have clicked and sent my order, credit card number is given.....so now i am waiting for the next parcel to arrive. psst....it is in 13 inch ;)

2 comments:

Kok Wai Mooi said...

hi the bag is striking n the boots practical ! Do u intend to use it and wear it in Korea?

escape2 said...

the boots are definitely coming with me to korea. but not the bag. it is too small to stuff my things. can't even fit my camera and water. it is a short jalan jalan bag haha