Friday, September 07, 2007

fit of anger

have you ever argued just for the sake of arguing??

i dunno what got over me today, but i just did that and the opponent?? my boss!!!! ooohhhhh it felt soooo good! and it still does. hahaha!!!!
seeing his face turned red (maybe it was already red when i started refuting every word he said but i was wishing it could go redder) just made my day.
i was trying to ask for early dismissal for some ongoing thing and argued that since others got it on other days, why not us on that day??!!
it was so unfair! i mean if you want to implement something, make sure it is implemented fairly and apply to all. i knew i would lose in that argument because rules are rules, but the thought of letting it all out was what urged me to 'consult' him.
he could have just thought of the best reason to say no to me if he understood the system that well and actually show some concern in our line of work, but no. he had to beat around the bush and finally asked me to ask another colleague to see him regarding the case.
the colleague went to see him and she was a sharp-shooter too. she clipped short all his beatings and asked him whether he had made up his decision instead of having him going round the bush. haha.
in the end, i did not get what i asked for, but what the heck. it felt good. so there goes my chance for a promotion this year. the rebellious streak in me has been acting overtime on that day. i blame it on PMS and the dull pace of work.

No comments: