Monday, September 10, 2007

a gift


Life’s more fulfilling when we do not expect any reward for giving away something. And when the gift is acknowledged, that is the bonus.

Recently, I sent a present to someone who is already super rich and has all the things money can buy. My present was less than RM5 and I don’t think she knows who I am.
Anyway, I adore her and it was her birthday. So I wished her a happy birthday as well. When I saw the doll while browsing a mall, I thought it was her type and it was a good addition to a similar one she had.
I had totally forgotten about it or her birthday when the day came because that was the day I left for Cambodia.
But lo and behold, she did receive the doll before her birthday and she brought it along with her when she traveled London, Paris and Vienna!
It was published in a weekly write-up in one of the local magazines. I could not believe my eyes when I saw that! I blinked and blinked and blinked. Then reality struck! I screamed my lungs out! Hahahahaha!
Unbelievable. Ok she still has no idea who I am and I will never receive a thank you note. I am just a fan, but it is nice of her to use it and show it. At least I know she loves it.
Last year I sent her something in the shape of a giraffe, and she drew it in the magazine too just around the time I estimated she would have received it. What a coincidence? I would like to think not. ;P

No comments: