Wednesday, September 05, 2007

rat on the balcony

it has been raining frequently at night nowadays. what a blessing. i will have the days filled with sunshine and the night is just so cool to sleep.
but 2 days ago i was woken up by a scratching on some steel. i was wondering where the sound came from. inside my room (shudder!) or outside? finally i guess it was outside and i did not bother it and continued sleeping, telling myself i would check what was outside later.
and yesterday, my kind neighbour came and told me to check the balcony. she said, the cat had been on its hunting game and was seen carrying rat while munching away and it stopped at my balcony!!!
AAAAA!!!! so finally, i had to check that balcony. it was just a small one. i do not remember the last time i open the door to check the balcony. 2 years ago maybe. and i saw a dead rat...or what was left after all the feasting by the cat. a small rat's hind leg and its tail. EEEEWWW!!!! but it was all dried up and there were some ants. i had to gather up my courage to pick it up (i put my hand in plastic bag ok) and threw it down. i was not going to bring that dead rat into my room and then downstairs and finally outside right!!!!
since i was on the balcony, i decided to wash it also lah. took pails of water to scrub and clean the droppings left by birds and whatever dust there were around. while washing, the neighbour's soncycled back from school and said aloud, "waaa...what is this wor??" (mat liu wor?) hehe, the sight of me scrubbing the balcony must be something. yeah, something you would not see me do often. finally i have a quite clean balcony (ahem) and please dun ask me when is the next clean-up. pray hard the cat will not do this 'good deed' again.

No comments: