Saturday, September 15, 2007

no badminton! no basketball!

NOO!!! i strained my right wrist! yes, this is going to be a whining post. boo hooo hooo!!!
it happened around 2 weeks ago. But at the beginning it was still bearable. Only slight pain and I could move my wrist and continue playing badminton and basketball. Badminton was where the injury came from. I guess I am just a lousy player who still cannot master the basic foundation of even holding the racquet correctly. The racquet will flick and turn in my hand. Thus, creating unnecessary movement and exertion to the wrist.


But came last Thursday, it was another story. I even had trouble turning the door knob using my right hand and flushing the toilet. From the outside the wrist look so normal, but I can just let it dangle now and not do anything to it. Even typing this, I move my arm across the keyboard and not move the wrist. So now everything has to be done with the left hand. No lifting heavy thing and no twisting or turning the wrist. It feels so useless and limp. Like the blood is not circulated to the right wrist and thus not sending enough energy to move it. I hope this numbness will go soon but my sleeping position might hamper its fast recovery. I sleep on the side, so that means if I sleep on my left that particular night, then I would be putting pressure on my left arm. Troublesome.


Now I have to get ppl to help me carry heavy stuff which normally I have no problem doing. All the weights have to be shifted to the right as well. This will take some getting used to.
Ok, my right wrist feels numb now. Better stop this. Have a good weekend you all.

No comments: